Cold shower

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoeu

Oh my god. First cold shower of the season. Sort of: for the most part it was a regular temperature shower while I did my washing, but then I turned the hot water off completely and stood in the cold for 10 agonizingly long seconds.

Why on earth would I subject myself to that? It reduces evaporation following the shower, being good for dry skin, and it helps adjustment to the cold of winter. Next time I'm doing 20 seconds. That'll suck.

But oh my god it's cold D:

Phteven

Oh my god. First cold shower of the season. Sort of: for the most part it was a regular temperature shower while I did my washing, but then I turned the hot water off completely and stood in the cold for 10 agonizingly long seconds.

Why on earth would I subject myself to that? It reduces evaporation following the shower, being good for dry skin, and it helps adjustment to the cold of winter. Next time I'm doing 20 seconds. That'll suck.

But oh my god it's cold D:
errrrrr O.o errrrrr .....lol im actually going to try that and see if i can ajust to the cold weather.....

aoeu

Confusticated, Wildcherry, you two ever experience -45*C/-49*F weather before? I walked to school 3.2km/2 miles in that both ways for a week. Then it calmed down to only -30*C/-22*F for the rest of January and February (as it had been in December).

MadeOfGlass

Confusticated, Wildcherry, you two ever experience -45*C/-49*F weather before? I walked to school 3.2km/2 miles in that both ways for week. Then it calmed down to only -30*C/-22*F for the rest of January and February.
:ohmy: ZOMG!!! Holy Bejeebus, that's freaking COLD!!!

Confusticated

Confusticated, Wildcherry, you two ever experience -45*C/-49*F weather before? I walked to school 3.2km/2 miles in that both ways for a week. Then it calmed down to only -30*C/-22*F for the rest of January and February (as it had been in December).
Fine, so wear a small jacket and a big jacket over that, with heated pads under the small jacket, if you want to get technical.

Roots

Aaaaa, I don't understand how you can stand it. A cold shower is really uncomfortable. I want to feel energized after a shower, so I prefer hot water. But I can see why you're doing it! I'll just have to wear a coat outside, I guess, hehe. :P

aoeu

The chest area isn't so bad. The eyes are the worst, though I could've gotten ski goggles; the thighs second worst because they tend to get pressed up against the exposed front of the pants. I wore gloves sealed to my jacket inside welder's mitts, with a neck warmer, tuque and balaclava on my head.

Seriously cold. Adaptation is worthwhile.

Phteven

The chest area isn't so bad. The eyes are the worst, though I could've gotten ski goggles; the thighs second worst because they tend to get pressed up against the exposed front of the pants. I wore gloves sealed to my jacket inside welder's mitts, with a neck warmer, tuque and balaclava on my head.

Seriously cold. Adaptation is worthwhile.
lol yes the key word is adaptation, jackets can only do so much and anything that speeds up the process of getting acclimatized to the cold the weather is good in my books...

Phteven

24 seconds. It looks like it takes some work to survive long cold showers.
lol holly shit.. i try it and didnt last longer than a few seconds...and i dont plan on doing that again lol good idea in principle but in practice im too much of a pussy..lol :bubble:

aoeu

How energizing! Though I've increased the temperature a few degrees after the time it was so cold my boys hurt for hours afterwards -_- They're really quite tolerable now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00