Cold [TRIGGER WARNING]

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by TheLoneWolf, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

WARNING: The following poem is of a depressing and suicidal nature. It may be triggering to those in a fragile emotional state. DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY FEELING SUICIDAL.

ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMER: This is just a poem. It is not a threat of suicide or a cry for help. I do not condone suicide or self harm, and I am not currently feeling suicidal. This is a work of fiction based on thoughts and feelings I have had in the past. It is NOT AN INDICATION OF HOW I CURRENTLY FEEL. Please save your sympathies for those who presently need it more than I. I repeat, THIS IS JUST A POEM. It is not a happy poem. It is not meant to make the reader feel good. Please do not censor or remove this poem. It is simply a creative, though admittedly less than stellar quality literary expression, meant to be a cathartic means of releasing pent up thoughts and emotions I have experienced. I apologize in advance for any negative feelings this poem might inspire in sensitive individuals. See above trigger warning.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

COLD
    By The Lone Wolf

It's funny how things so dark and so cold,
    Can make one feel so warm and bold;
    A chilled stiff drink, a winter's night,
    A swim in cold water, a good fist fight;
    The feel of cool steel against my face,
    Planning out the time and place...
    Park the car, turn off my phone,
    Wander out into the woods alone.
    Silence, besides my footsteps in the snow,
    Which will soon be covered, no one will know
    That I came here to end my pain,
    To never have to feel again.
    No one to stop me, no one to grieve;
    Pack up my dreams, it's time to leave.
    A bottle of whiskey, a loaded piece,
    A comfortable place to die in peace.

I once longed for a happy life,
    A successful job, a beautiful wife;
    But these things were never meant to be,
    At least not for the likes of me.
    Maybe it's just the way I'm wired;
    It's been too long, and I grow tired
    Of waiting for things that don't exist.

At least I know that I won't be missed.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You will be missed i am sorry you are feeling so alone please know i care ok

3. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I'm not going to kill myself. Though truth be told, I really should.

Not that it matters. We all die eventually anyway. And when my time comes, I can assure you that I won't be missed. Did anyone even notice when I originally left the forum? Maybe they did, and they breathed a sigh of relief.

Sorry, it was a stupid poem. Stupid, just like everything else I do. I shouldn't have posted it.

4. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Dont be sorry for who you are, or posting something that you made, even if others are different or dont agree. Its such a greater accomplishment to love ourselves than to be loved by others, although I know how hard it can be. People always say dont care if others dont like you, I agree but I think it is just as important to not care if they do like you. Because if you care about people who do like you, you will stray from being yourself because that feeling of being liked will become addicting, when all we have to do is focus on liking ourselves and chasing our passions and may the rest come in time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.