Cold Turkey.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Sa Palomera, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

So, I've had a really hard time over the past few months. Been through some stuff that didn't exactly do anything good for my mood. I hate admitting it, but over the past year I've obviously been slipping back into depression.
    Then about 2 months ago I slipped big time. I spent 2 weeks fucking up exams cuz I was either on drugs or drinking the entire time I was awake. And I was awake a lot. Hooray insomnia.

Anyways I stopped drinking for 2 weeks or so after that but I couldn't stay sober longer. I'm weak if it comes to alcohol. Those of you who've known me for some years know it's always been a battle for me.

Anyway, last week on Monday I was in Amsterdam with my friend and we got drunk. Took the last train home and there was this dude who'd gotten onto the wrong train and couldn't get home anymore. So I offered him our couch to sleep on. So he'd have a roof over his head for the night.
    Next morning he was gone and had stolen a laptop and some accessories and dvds.
    That basically was the last straw for me.
    I'm a good person like that, and I'd have offered him a place to stay even if I were sober. But if I hadn't been drunk I'd have been more cautious and would have stayed up all night or at least make sure we'd swap numbers before he came in.

So I decided Tuesday morning that I would quit everything. Drinking, drugs, smoking. Cold turkey.

And so today marks the 8th day. And it's a struggle. Some days are worse than others, but every day is difficult. Especially the evenings/nights are hell.
    But I'ma keep trying. I'm not setting myself a goal, cuz I know that IF i'd make it to that goal I'd get off my face the day after achieving the goal. So I'm not gonna set a goal and just try to stay cold turkey off everything for as long as I can.

so yeah. 8 Days today.
  2. Syn

Syn Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that happened, sometimes bad things happen to good people. 8 days, wow. I know how difficult it is to try to quit everything like that, it's not easy, and it's truly impressive that you've managed 8 days. Your doing great so far, keep it up my friend!
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOu are doing well hun i do hope you can get some support in place to help you continue to do well hugs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.