Cold world, existentialism, an existance I don't feel connected to

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by hugothebeast, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hugothebeast

hugothebeast Member

Ever feel like you are watching a movie and you are the main character? In my movie, the main character drops out of a PhD program, during said program gets married. The wife seems unhappy. A move is made to try and fix things and things get worse and mentally, to survive, another move is made. Then, a divorce happens. In roughly two years, a doctoral program is lost, a marriage is lost, and the main character looks at the world and feels like one of those French writers who discuss how bleak the whole world is.
    Now, I sit and look at the world and wonder why? Of course, me being bright enough to maintain employment and get into a doctoral program can list many reasons why this happened, and what can be done to make life better. Sadly, I look at a very cold world, and am realize I can make no meaning at the present of anything.

2. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I feel disconnected to the world all the day. It is what you make of it, I guess it's how you handle it. What would you like to do that's positive to change it ( your world that is) even if it's one small thing?

I'm really sorry thugs have been hard, and welcome to the forum. I hope you find a home of sorts and the help you need here.

3. hugothebeast

hugothebeast Member

thank you for the kind words

4. Perfect Melancholy

How you feeling any better?

5. hugothebeast

hugothebeast Member

no, I don't feel much better. I really question a lot these days, I feel in shock. I don't know any longer what keeps me here. If it's a thread, I wish I could see it and untie it. I don't and can't.

6. Perfect Melancholy

Sometimes we can't see what keeps us, because sometimes its small or maybe too obvious I'm unsure. In sorry you feel like this. Is there anything I can do to help?

7. Perfect Melancholy

Hope you're feeling better today

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.