Cold?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Yep, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yep

Yep Guest

- 36 celsius

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Is that with or without the windchill? It has gotten as cold as -54c here. Now that's cold when the wind is pushing 60 - 80 km!!! Yep you can spit and it freezes before it hits the ground:dry:

3. Yep

Yep Guest

Without anything.

Cold makes good for the ice bears =)

Be safe.

4. C.G.

C.G. Active Member

Jesus. Where in Canada?

5. itmahanh

Believe it or not..... Manitoba. But it's a dry cold (lmao)!!!!!

6. C.G.

C.G. Active Member

Crazy. It's -6 in Halifax.

7. Vagrant

Vagrant Account Closed

-10 in montreal

8. itmahanh

Sucky!!! We have -6 and that's a heat wave!!! Shorts, t-shirts you name it (lol). Actually it's not too bad today -21 with the sun shining. They say in Manitoba we only have 3 seasons ..... winter, spring and mosquito. Well winter seems to take up about 7 months of the year, sometimes spring sneaks in and out with nobody noticing it and then the mosquitoes!!! But atleast we usually dont get the huge amounts of snowfall in a day like you guys get. Wow!!

9. C.G.

C.G. Active Member

That's rough. Well, on the East Coast we do call Winnipeg, Winterpeg.:laugh:

10. Yep

Yep Guest

I love all the colors, autumn and colors yeah. 4 seasons for me. I make a trip to "my mountain" every year in autumn. It is just something amazing. I also made an "art work" where is autumn leafs and pics of aurora borealis.

11. itmahanh

Well about this time of year we call it that too. And Whinerpeg cuz everyone is getting cabin fever and wants to do something other than shovel snow or watch hockey (lol).

But anything has got to be better than living in the great abyss, the center of the universe or better known as Toronto!!!! Atleast it's called that by everyone that lives north, east, south or west of there in Canada(lol). I think if I had a chance to live anywhere else in Canada it would have to be the east coast. Mmmm the fresh seafood, :kris: the landscape, the friendly people and of course you have Tim Hortons as well :cool:

Well here's hoping that winter ends soon for all of us! That damn groundhog had better do the right thing this year cuz if not I'm sure I can find a good recipe for groundhog casserole!!

12. itmahanh

Oh I love autumn too!!! It means the end of mosquitoes and wood ticks. It brings so many wonderful colors and new smells and tectures. But it also means that winter is coming. As much as I love the beauty of the snow on open fields and hoar frost on the trees (I live on 40 acres in the country), I hate the cold and how long winter seems to be.

The stars are so thick in the night sky inthe country. No city lights to drown them out. If you stand still and look up, you actually get dizzy staring up at them all. And the aurora borealis is simply spectacular here. The colors so vivd and always changing. I think it would so cool if I could copy those colors exactly and paint a mural on a wall. But like trying to copy fireworks, the mural would not do justice.

Where abouts are you from yep? I noticed you said celsius and not farenhiet(sp) so I assume Canada or Great Britain.?

13. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

hehehehe - i hate to be a buzz kill but its set for like mid 30's C, here in Australia today. :D

14. C.G.

C.G. Active Member

I was totally open-minded about Toronto (and I'm a Habs fan), but I went there a few times and it's worse than people say it is! Can't stand that fucking place. Haha. I've never been to Manitoba before, never been farther west than London, ONT actually. I'd love to get out there sometime to see Canada's other side. Guess I'll have to bring long-johns though. Haha.

15. itmahanh

Grrrr..... beautiful temps and a place I've always wanted to see as well. I think I hate you right now!!! :lol!:

16. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

come on over, ive got 2 spare rooms and a deck chair beside the pool. x ;)

17. Yep

Yep Guest

You have got awsome area to enjoy of beauty of nature. I stairing at stars too but clouds make their best to hide them...

I am from Nordic countries. No groundhogs at here. I preferer to eat my fish rather roasted. Just (European) perch, salt, butter and rye flours, MMMMMMHHH!

18. itmahanh

You're really pushing it now Kate!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dry:

19. Yep

Yep Guest

I melt down after + 24, over it I can not move anymore...

20. itmahanh

A lot of time spent ice fishing here. I really do like fish but I hate to eat it. I dont enjoy having to take teeny bites looking for bones. And I'm talking fresh fish. Not the kind you buy from a store that is 6 months old, covered in some horrible batter and doesnt look anything like a fillet (lol). Smoked goldeye is really good. Oh and rainbow trout cuz the bones are a little bigger and easier to find!!!

It is really nice to visit one site and be able to talk to people from around the globe. This thread has turned into a mini chat room (lol).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.