College interview tomorrow HELP

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Petal, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

It's for Applied Social Studies. Please someone give me some ideas on what would be useful to ask or know about social studies! It's a full time course/ 1 year long. But it has very limited places left so I have to give an unreal good impression, any help greatly appreciated.
  2. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

from what i could find out, it looks like applied social studies is key if you are looking to work as a social worker in either a government or heatlh care services capacity

if this is what you are looking for, i would suggest focusing on your desire to help others and have some reasons for this desire ready

keep in mind that are two "types" of reasons they may be looking for

the first is the standard rote reasons that every applicant will have memorized (kind of like when a beauty pagaent contestant brings out the old chestnut about wanting world peace)

the second is usually a more personal reason - what inside of you is calling you to focus on this area of study - were you helped by a social worker in the past and want to pass that on? did you witness a situation where a good social professional COULD have done some good, but there was a shortage so you want to offer your help? things like that - and make sure these reasons are sincere

in my opinion, the second type of reason is probably more important in an interview since everyone else will be spouting the same rote replies

hope this helps and good luck
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.