College services mental illness

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Green.Triceratops, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green.Triceratops

Green.Triceratops Account Closed

What sort of help is there at college for those of us with mental illnesses? I need a sort of safety net to help me not fail when i start in 2 months..

Is it only talk therapy they do or what? I. Dont wanna fail college. Im already on meds and have a psychologist.

2. cordial1

cordial1 Well-Known Member

I have a couple of friends who go to the Campus Counseling Center, they both see therapists at home, and see counselors on campus too. They say it helps. I don't know where you're going to go to school, but where I go the professors and instructors are really helpful especially if you talk to them, or let them know if you're having an issue with something in class, and there are tutoring centers available. Good Luck at school! It is a BIG change, but it is easily done! I'll be a junior this fall. You CAN do this!

3. AlopexAngel

AlopexAngel Chat Buddy

Depends on where you go. Colleges with grad pysch programs are good for talk therapy. Most also contract out to MD's or Pdocs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.