colonoscopy

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudy

i am a bit scared about the whole thing. just wanted to announce it because i have this thing with the universe already knowing this is going to happen and that maybe if i go on about it it will ease the stupidity of being made fun of by a bunch of bitches. how do you explain. universe hears me going on about it and the other side there is no going on about it.like mirror universe. so if i bitch now there will be no bitches later, idk i've lost my mind anyway. toodles.

doityourself

sorry your going to have to go through this. I also had one, it can be a bit scarey but really the "getting ready" is the worse part, your asleep for the rest.

Good Luck.

KittyGirl

ahhh... well, I've never had to get it done myself- but I do know people who've had to have it done.
And yeah-- the 'getting ready' can be kinda embarassing and uncomfortable.
And you don't feel anything at all, so pain won't be an issue.
I've never heard of one going wrong or anything... so I dont think there's much to be scared of there, really.
Just try and stay relaxed leading up to the procedure and remember- the people who are doing it are professionals and there's nothing to be embarassed or scared about.

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
It's no big deal.. They tell you to roll over on yourside and thats all you remember.. They knock you out so make sure someone drives you..Tell the doctor when he's down there to kiss it and make it feel better...lol...Seriously you don't remember anything and theres no after effects..

Madam Mim

I just want to reiterate what others have said, that you have nothing to worry about. I haven't had a colonoscopy myself, but my sister had one recently and was absolutely fine and had no pain or even discomfort from it. You'll be fine.

Mim

IV2010

I've had 5 done now..one last month....
you'll be fine..the anticipation is the worst....
remember to breathe deeply while you're waiting to keep yourself calm..
it's the best sleep I've had for months

Domo

I hope it all goes well for you.

And pretty much as we get older we are all going to need one. Just one of those annoying parts of life. I guess you can compare it to therapy, we get nervous to tell out therapists all our deepest, most embarassing secrets...they've heard it all and it doesn't phase them. It's the same ehre, these people do this for a living and chose the profession for a reason. To help people.

I'm sorry you have immature people making fun of you.

I've had to have an endoscopy, which is down the throat. And i was semi awake for that, not fun!

Dave_N

Banned Member
It shouldn't be too bad. It's just a long, black hose with a camera on the end of it that the proctologist uses to see if there are any polyps growing in your colon. I occasionally flush my colon out with water, but I've never had a colonoscopy done (I'm only 30). Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00