Coloring?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ThornThatNeverHeals, Dec 11, 2013.

?

Is coloring immature at an adult age?

1. Yes, it is immature

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. No, it is not immature

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. I am unsure if I think it is immature

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. If I saw an adult coloring I wouldn't look twice

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  5. I would be mildly suprised to see an adult coloring

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. I would stare at an adult coloring

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I, Myself, color on occasion

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. I, Myself, color often

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

Is it silly/immature for a teen or young adult to color. I'm not like talking drawing and coloring pictures. I'm talking about a preprinted page that you color within the lines with markers or crayons. Is it immature? How would you react if you saw others doing it? Do you do it? Post your thoughts and opinions please....

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

No, I don't think it's silly or immature or weird for a teen or adult to color. I like to do that sometimes, not as much as I used to, but it can be fun. If you find something that relaxes you, or something that you enjoy, then it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks.

3. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I myself like paint-by-numbers. It's coloring of a different sort. Although I never know what to do with the pictures when I am done. I find it very calming. But I do feel silly

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I love to color and I'm in my 50s. If people mocked me or commented, I like to think I'd hand them a picture and box of crayons/colored pencils so they could join me. :)

I hope you have a great time with your pictures and coloring!:rainbow::flowerhearts::happysmiles:

5. Cariad_Bach

Cariad_Bach Staff Alumni

Me too! Especially when I swap the numbers round so I get funny coloured trees and stuff!! :)

6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Lots of adults color - it is something thta distracts, is mildly creative without being mentally taxing and brings back memories of simpler days in youth. I would color too if i could but i am not talented enough lol

7. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

I read this and laughed so hard. It's a great idea and I'd love to try that sometime :)

Thanks everyone. People make fun of me but I find it a somewhat alternative to cutting... At least I'm trying to

8. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I love colouring! Treat yourself to some sharpies and get busy colouring I say lol.

9. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

Nope : )

I draw and colour things nearly every day.

10. Hopelessinsalem

Hopelessinsalem Well-Known Member

Not if you enjoy doing it!

11. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

I like coloring Mandalas. They are easy to color, not requiring too much mental effort. It's relaxing and therapeutic for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.