combating depressive thoughts

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pat1, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pat1

pat1 Active Member

I suffer from mental health issues.although I do sometimes get depressed and even suicidal one thing that seems to help me and I think it could help other people too. that is meditation,tai chi ,qi gong and yoga. if u do it every day it does help a lot.doesnt stop bad thoughts but you find your way around them.has anyone else found it helps?

2. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

It really helps :) I've been doing that for quite some time, but I kind of don't find enough time to do that anymore :/

3. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I thank you for sharing your testimony. I am sure it will comfort someone struggling out there. I am not familiar with those methods except meditating. I meditate on my favorite quotes, and it helps me. What a great suggestion! I am glad meditation helps you too. Nasty thoughts are so sneaky. I tell you I battle them constantly. Sadly I am human and I slip and give into them once in a while. One thing that helps me is to reject them. You can accept or reject thoughts. Sometimes; I get thoughts that talk down to me. I am not good enough, etc. I know and accept that I am a flawed individual. Instead of allowing these thoughts to tear me down when I have a moment of weakness I choose to learn from my situation with positive action. By doing so I reject these thoughts with new thoughts. I hope this makes sense. :)

Anyways I admire your willingness to help. You can either accept our reject my advice. I encourage you to give it a shot. :hug:

4. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

Daphna, that's quite a good idea oO seriously, never thought about 'replacing' these dumb thoughts with something positive o.o you just made my day ^^

5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Thank you for your kindness! :) You made my day! :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.