Comcast makes me feel crazy yet again

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by flowers, May 14, 2014.

1. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Been waiting a very long time for comcast to come to fix something. They changed the time slot and made it later. But they didnt ask or tell me. I called and found out. So I have been waiting 2 time slots. Once they just never showed up. So at 8pm I may find out that the apt was cancelled and I was not notified. I wish there was a choice other than comcast. But there is not. Internet through my phone company is terrible. Comcast product is better. But their customer sservice can be horriffic

The time they cancelled the apt and didnt tell me until I called after waiting hours, I asked for their guarantee rebate if they are late. The man said that I cannot get that because they were not late. They just decided to cancel the apt. But I said they did not tell me. He said they probably sent an email. But they didnt

Last time they were supposed to come out they wrere very very late. They did give me 20 dollar credit for being more than an hour later than the 3 or 4 hour time slot. This time they found a way around the guarantee that they will pay you if they are late. They just moved me to a later time slot .........without asking me. So I was waiting for them. And did not know the apt was moved. They are so horrible. Just Horrible.

I have my doubts that they will show up at all. I have been waiting for so many hours. And I have not been able to go outside or use the phone. Because they call before they come. I am so annoyed. i rushed home for the apt. The dental hygenist even cut her lunch short to take me on time so i could get out of there and get home for the apt comcast decided on their own to reschedule.

Oh how I wish there was a better option for internet. But where I live this is the only real option. VERY ANNOYED and powerless over the situation

2. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

i hear you and oh boy, do i relate. this is the only true option we've got 'round these parts, too. hope they showed up after all.

here's to better days! :)

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

She showed up. A comcast tech woman. A wonderful woman. Not so good with the tech aspect. Although she was good at some things and willing. Essentially she listened to what I thought the problem was. And I was correct. She fixed it. But somehow the picture was small. She did something that made it convert in a messy way to it being bigger sometimes. And she replaced the modem. When she left I found out that the fix she did was not as good as what she thought. I called tech support. He wanted to restore the box to its original condition. But he could not send through the signal for some reason. He scheduled another tech person to come to my house to replace the box so I could have a full size picture. Then I realized I no longer have internet since she replaced the modem.

long story short, I figured out how to fix the tv box. It was the zoom setting. I called comcast and explained what I did. And then asked them how to undo the messy fix she had done. The guy told me how to undo that. And I have a full size picture again.

An internet tech support person refused to help me with the internet connection. because it was the router that is the problem caused by her replacing the modem. So I would have to pay linxys to do tech support for that. Because it is not under warantee. I begged. But he refused to help. Finally I hung up on him and called again. I found a great guy who was willing to help. I went through many hours of comcast hell. Seriously.

I refuse to go through this again. I ordered a modem and router combined from comcast. So the next time they cannot refuse to help me. As far as the TV box is concerned, it seems I know more about it than at least 2 of the tech people. But the woman was fun to talk with. We bonded on talk about skirts and high heel shoes. No, seriously. That is not a joke. I need a stiff drink. But I do not drink at home. So I need a xanax. Well, I do not have any of those either. But I have a TV with a full size picture and internet sservice.

If by chance my internet goes out again, I will not be here. I really need to calm down. I was very polite cheerful and lovely to all but one of the comcast people. I deserve a gold star for that. I hope you have a better cable company that sets up shop where you live. Actually I envision fast speed reliable cable that does not involve wires in the ground so other companies can join in and create viable competition.

4. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I am so glad you got all back in Working order, great job you did. Things like that are very frustrating, especially when it's related to items that are our lifeline.

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Aarrrgh, sounds so unbelievably frustrating!! I'm glad you got everything working, but I can tell it wasn't an easy process.

6. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Thanks all. It took SO many hours that I did not get to eat dinner until 1 in the morning. The begging I had to do to get internet back up and running. I realized that the trigger was knowing that I might well be powerless. Huge trigger that left me drained. Being almost 63 and female did help in the end when I resotred to utter begging and finally found someone who was willing to take pity on me, lol. TV is also a lifeline for me. Because I have to keep it on to stop my mind from going into fear, even when I fall asleep. I need TV on to fall asleep. and I do not mean watching CNN, lol. Preferable cupcake wars on the food channel. Its like a setative. :D seriously. I cannot imagine falling to sleep while listening to the news.

Next hurdle is when I get my new modem/router combo from comcast in the mail and will have to install it with no tech coming to my home. And I will have to turn to comcast phone techs to help me get phone/cable and internet back. I have chosen goliath for my lifeline. And my default is not that of the David. Nuf said :D

7. BornFree

BornFree Well-Known Member

Huge gentle hugs... :arms: so sorry you had to go through all that sounds like you did good, you are more awesome than you know. Thank you for being you.

8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Comcast is the worst with customer service. Went through hoops to disconnect due to move and swore them off forever. AT&T is way better in customer service