Come one, come all....unload your problems here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My name is Sara I'm 21 and I'm new here. When I was young I lost my mom to suicide and was raised by a grieving single father. As a teen I attempted suicide twice and regularly self-mutilated. When my father remarried his wife kicked me out at 17 and I fell into substance abuse after starting college.

Since then I found my calling and while I still struggle daily with depression and anxiety, what I truly want is to help others who are in a far worse place. I saw the truth and the truth is that the best thing you can ever do for yourself is forgive and love.

My point is, if you have 'issues', if you hate the world and yourself, if you feel as though you've gotten to the point where you've been so sad for so long that now all that's left is an empty hollow shell.....please:
Talk to me! Be my friend! Come dump all your problems on me. Complain to me. Cry to me. Tell me how unfair it is. Tell me how you've been hurt and stomped on.
I won't judge you. I won't tell you to keep it to yourself. I want to hear it. I want to help.
I'm no professional but I've been sexually, physically and mentally abused and I know how often I just needed someone who understood.

Send me a message.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi Sara,

I am really sorry for your loss and the abuse you have been through, you have offered here a glimmer of hope to the depressed/anxious etc.. people here, thank you for your kind offer and remember to keep yourself safe also.

robroy

Hi Sara, I was abused a little bit but not nearly as bad as you. I have struggled frequently with lonlinness and mild depression all my life and really agree with you that the best thing you can do is learn to love yourself and others. Thank you so much for coming here and thank you for kind offer, I'll probably take you up on it some time as I frequently sink into a dark place. I also want to tell you that you are always free to contact me as well if you need some support:)

Well, sometimes, in order to get rid of your pain, you need to swallow someone else's. It's like eating some strange-exotic nourishment that gives you the energy you are lacking. We need external microbes to kill the ones that live in our bodies. We are our own vaccines.

Your life has been hard for sure. I reckon the saying "the grass is always greener on the other side" does not apply here. Maybe we could say that is "drier".

My existence has been surrounded by indifference. My mother does not like me, but the feeling is reciprocal. My first depression was (8 years old, I guess) because I realised I was not adopted. Sometimes we wish what other people despise. I think you wanted to be love; I just wanted nothing.

My problem right now is that I've got this bloody pain in my chest (left side!). The only I can do is take a shower, wear a suit and lie on the bed as I listen to music. The other problem is that I am not afraid. An a third one, is that tedium is raping my mind. The evidence is that I'm posting comments.

I'm sorry to hear you're in pain Lazarusz, and I agree with you about helping another person's pain being healing to yourself. When you help someone else you bring the focus off of yourself and it makes it easier to be objective about what you're experiencing. Perhaps your indifference was learned behavior (?) or maybe a coping method. If tedium is raping your mind then maybe your heart is asking you to find something you can enjoy. What have you experienced that has brought you joy or bliss in the past? Even something small can count.

I am used to physical pains. This one it's almost gone. Tomorrow I'll return to exercise.
Well, my indifference was learned, as well as natural. I didn't have to learn a lot. I really enojy it. Once I had this girlfriend who broke up with me. I was so happy that she got angry and told me that it was a lie, that we were still a couple. I told her to %@&
I enjoy reading, and that's what I do. I tend to read, at least, 4 hours. But my eyes need rest. That's when the tedium comes. I just close my eyes and listen to music. I could go out with friends, but they drink a lot. That's boring.
Reading and writing brings me joy. I don't really need something or someone else.

We all suffer from different types of pain.
At least you've managed to get along with the world. :)

jlbArt

I signed on to facebook for the first time in over a week. It was a mistake, i stopped cause its just depressing to see everyone with friends commenting on each others stuff and talking about plans, and all I can ever manage is one or two likes/ comments on anything I post.

I signed on to facebook for the first time in over a week. It was a mistake, i stopped cause its just depressing to see everyone with friends commenting on each others stuff and talking about plans, and all I can ever manage is one or two likes/ comments on anything I post.
I deleted my Facebook account two years ago and haven't regretted it once. Although I know this isn't a very popular opinion, to me Facebook is a big pissing contest. No one's life is actually as good as it looks on Facebook. When you're on it daily, you start to see your life as it relates to your artificial online ego. It causes people to constantly focus on a superficial faux reality where all that matters is how many "friends" you have or how good you look in your pictures. People show off their dinner plans, their vacations, their friends, family, and other things that really can't be compared from person to person. The one thing that's true about everyone's Facebook is that it's rarely an accurate depiction of their life.
People forget how sweet real life really is because they're so focused on their social media presence. If it does anything, it promotes narcissism and makes you think it's realistic to compare your real life to another person's contrived and fabricated Facebook life.

So. Next time you're about to go one Facebook, remember that what most people do on there is the equivalent of a little girl reading Cosmopolitan and comparing her body to that of a photoshopped, makeup-clad model who most likely has a life-threatening eating disorder. And that little girl is thinking "I wish I could be her."

jlbArt

[QUOTE="

So. Next time you're about to go one Facebook, remember that what most people do on there is the equivalent of a little girl reading Cosmopolitan and comparing her body to that of a photoshopped, makeup-clad model who most likely has a life-threatening eating disorder. And that little girl is thinking "I wish I could be her."[/QUOTE]

very true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00