Coming Back here years later and in a much better space

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by redheadsweetie, Dec 3, 2011.

1. redheadsweetie

redheadsweetie Active Member

Hey everyone,

I am betting not many of you remember me I was not around much when I was here, But I was in a VERY dark space. I am happy to report I am much much better. A little into my story. I had a whole lot of trauma in my life R*pe, abuse, physical and sexual. I am now living over 1000 miles away from all of that and honestly it feels like a whole lifetime ago, although I am only 22. :) I realized finally that suicide was NOT the way out....not for me. I realized I wanted to live and instead of cutting like I used to, I started sitting with the pain. I havent SI'ed in several years and although I think about it sometimes its not intense feelings and I know how to handle things better. Suicide is virtually never on my mind anymore, and now I almost can't believe I ever felt so badly. Thats not to discredit people who are there, I definitely still understand your pain, and know how hard it is to get out of it. But I do urge you to seek help, if not from a therapist a trusted friend....just someone. I am in school now, for me and only for me I am training in my passion. I have realized my love for helping people and hope to become a therapist. I have a long way to go, both acedimically and emotionally, I have a great therapist who is helping me greatly. But I see a positive future for me, for the first time in ever I think. If you have read this whole thing, thank you. I just really wanted to share. If I can get out of such a negative space, you can get out of a negative space too.

Thanks,

redheadsweetie

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun that is such good news a nd you are so y oung still that is great hun you got the help you needed to get back into life thanks for the update hun it gives us hope hugs