Coming out question.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Noneother1, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noneother1

Noneother1 Active Member

Sorry, this is probally a stupid question.
    Im in 8th grade and to graduate we have to complete a project about ourselves and our trials and tribulations and then present our speech infront of our 50 classmates. I am thinking about maybe slipping in something about my SI, but im not sure if its a good idea. I would also talk about it in as if it was a lot longer ago then it was, even though I just stoped.
    Would you all talk about it? Why or why not?

2. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

Hello,

Thanks for asking this question and it's not a dumb one haha. I would talk about the death of my mother since that was one of the major trauma's in my life. I would do it because it's still affecting me today via suicidal thoughts and mild depression episodes. Of course my mother's passing was 7 years ago. So, it's been a while. She committed suicide when she was 36 and when I was 11 - so I was still very young when it happened. So, that's what I would talk about or write a speech on.

Trevor,

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It would be hard for me to talk about anything really personal in front of people I'm not too close to. But I give you kudos for wanting to do it. Just do what feels right to you.

4. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

It's not a stupid question. I would only mention it if I was really comfortable talking about it. Do other people know that you used to SH? Because if you've talked to others about it, it makes it a lot easier to talk to about it. If you're comfortable with it, then go ahead.

5. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

Agreed only talk about it if your comfortable to talk about it. If you don't want to talk about it than don't. I just find it hard to talk in front of people even during a class because I have stage fright. What ever you do hopefully it feels right and that you can talk about it. That's a hard topic to really talk about to others in general.

Trevor,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.