Coming out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by LenaLunacy, Jul 11, 2008.

1. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Right,well i think nearly all of my close buddies no that i'm lesbian. But i've yet to tell my parents.
    Now, i'm thinking i really should soon, because with so many of my friends knowing, it's twice as likely she'll hear it down the grapevine.
    Anyway, i'm pretty happy to tell her, obviuosly i'm concerned about how she'll react, but she's gotta know. I'm just not entirely sure how to tell her. Like what do i say, how do i phrase it, should i tell her alone? lol
    If anyones got any advice i'd be more than grateful!
  2. janie

janie Well-Known Member

ask her out

3. Mortem

Mortem Well-Known Member

Well, I can't think of any way that isn't going to be awkward. But it very much depends on what your relation with her is like.
    Best thing would be if the subject was somehow brought up naturally, just seems convenient to slip it in there. From the recievers perspective I'm guessing it'd probably be best if you both were alone.

Merely speculating tho!

(I'm assuming her is your mother btw)
  4. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Just say, "Mom, I went to the doctor and I have a brain tumor and 3 months to live...just kidding, I'm just a lesbian."

She'll be so happy you're not dying she won't even care about you being gay :)

Just kidding. Maybe just take her out to lunch and just tell her honestly and openly. Be prepared for her to be shocked and disappointed a bit. Unless she already suspects, then she will need some time to deal with this new information. You are her little girl and she probably has dreams of seeing you get married and giving her millions of grand-babies, but she will get over it and you may even have a closer relationship with her as a result. Good luck :)
  5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Maybe say it in passing conversation, like it's just nothing, a normal part of your life. Maybe then she won't feel that what she's hearing is "DA DA DUM" huge news, more- it's just natural, nothing is going to change, it doesn't matter how she's going to react.

I don't know if that helped but good luck.