coming out. . .

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by TJ, Jan 10, 2012.

1. TJ

TJ Staff Alumni

OK so without to much detail its come to a point in my life where im finally coming out about my TRUE sexual orientation. and things have been accepted so far but im worried about certain people not taking it to well , one group being my family and IRL friends , they've always known me as a lesbian but that isn't completely true .. er um yeah , as you can see my name has changed on the forum this is part of me coming out about my true identity, im not gonna beat around the bush about this . im transgender , a male stuck in a females body .... thing is i don't know how to tell people or how to go about talking with my doctor about physical changes and all that etc. there's so much im not sure of apart from the fact that im trapped in a female body . Ive known this for many many years and Ive denied myself that fact of my true self.

now im ready to become who i really am but i don't know how to go about it all hence why im posting here.
  2. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

like i said, i'm not much more sure than you are. give it your best shot, it's all anyone can do, really. or if nothing else, take it in baby steps.

haters gonna hate, irrespective of whether you're transgender or not. if nothing else, you'll find out who your real friends are. :hug:

you know how to get in touch with me.
  3. A.SoNiC.boY

A.SoNiC.boY Well-Known Member

People will either accept you or for you or not. you need to be true to yourself. as has previously stated haters gonna hate :p . and i'm sure you know the proper hand gesture for to give them! :p
  4. davytelford

davytelford Member

ive recently come out too its was so hard im still having doubts about it all but i hope it works out for you
  5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

:hug: essssssssssssssssssssssssther!

I'm so proud of you! It's not going to be easy, but I hope you get what you want in life!
  6. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Don't give up! I know you can do it. You're doing the right thing by being true to yourself.
  7. dice

dice Well-Known Member

Your friends already accept you as a lesbian so that is a good first step. It also shows that they are accepting and open minded of you. I think that coming out as transgender would be difficult but it isn't exactly something you can hide either. I'd make it clear to them that you might identify yourself as a different gender but you are still the same person. Your personality is going to stay the same and this is a transition necessary to making yourself happy. At the end of the day this is about making you happy, always keep that in mind.

Good luck to you with coming out, please keep us updated.
  8. TJ

TJ Staff Alumni

Ive been finding that some people aren't as accepting as i had hoped for , which is a shame cos as u said dice my personality is still the same. im just being true to who i really am. your right that at the end of the day its about me being happy about who i really am and that's why im doing this now because i just cant live with this secret any longer.
    there's people in Real Life that im very afraid of coming out too and im not sure when ill be able to do so , like there's so much to consider , the right time , the way they may feel about it , they way they may re-act and all that sort of stuff.
    i have joined a transgender support forum and im finding that to be helpful , ppl have suggested binding and if that's to expensive then i think im going to buy bandages to well yeah pretty self explanatory really.
    coming out as a lesbian was hard , family didn't talk to me or accept me for some time and im scared that after all this time of trying to get them to accept me as that they re gonna turn around and be like FUCK now this is this just a phase etc etc . i can see why they would think that but the fact that i want to make the physical changes suggests otherwise. its really a tough one.