Complete recluse

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Sunyata, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunyata

Sunyata Member

Anyone else have totally withdrawn from the world? I don't even have a social life online. I pretty much just live inside my head occupied with pointless distractions.
  2. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

yep, I have no social life in real life, I barely go out, only when I need to which is about once a week...other than that I stay at home...
  3. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

Yep, i've done exactly the same thing, apart from having to go out to work.
  4. TheChatter

TheChatter New Member

How do you feel about this? Do you think it helps you or think it's a safety blanket?

I used to be a bit of a recluse but after throwing myself in the deep end socially I had to change and it is for the better for me. I look back at those days and everything seems so limited.
  5. Sunyata

Sunyata Member

How do I feel about it? Most days I just don't care. Occasionally I get anxious, and try to change it, but I get worn out and discouraged eventually and return to apathy.
  6. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I'm an abuse survivor and naturally shy so when I do force myself into social contact I put on my glib-happy-normal-guy act. It doesn't work because people sense my nervous vibe- which makes me even more of a wreck. I have to shower when I get home from all of the "flop sweat" and it takes time for me to calm down.
  7. Vangelis

Vangelis Well-Known Member

I've tried and failed numerous times to get with the program and figure out how to get friends and stuff. Yeah I may have had some acquaintances in the past, but they really don't mean anything and I end up being a third wheel or unwanted. I'm with Bluegrey on this one though, I do get anxietal and I have to put on the mask everyday. It wears you out and leads to sleepless nights as you're stuck in your own thoughts for awhile.
  8. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

O live pretty much inside of my imagination...
  9. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I am very much a recluse myself, online and offline. And now I feel that because I have done it so long, lived in my own self-created prison, that it will be incredibly difficult for me to go out and adjust into the real world like a normal person and why I very much fear my future, that I haven't turned out like all the other normal people out there.
  10. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

I'm the same. Even online, even here, I have no people I've really talked to, and I haven't entered chat since I first went on because I don't know how to slot in. I can't be myself either because I'm really a twat and unlikable person unlike most people here who are sweet and perfect nice. I wonder where all these nice sweet people are IRL.

I like my brain, but I still feel trapped.
  11. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

I've only been into to chat once,too. I should'nt worry too much about how people appear. I think sometimes its just an 'illusion' that people create. Just be yourself, and be true to others. Thats all that matters.
  12. losthope

losthope Well-Known Member

Almost. I'm a person that likes to be alone most of the time, but too much loneliness makes me feel despair. I have no friends, not even online anymore. I had online friends for years that lessened my loneliness and I guess the only way I feel comfortable talking to others is behind a computer screen.
    I live in a city and I go for walks at night and sometimes during the day on Sundays, but in places where there's few people around. I hate the feeling of being completely alone among a crowd, and it makes me feel insecure too.
  13. xToxThexGravex

xToxThexGravex Well-Known Member

Yes. It's called my Circle of Doom

I try to get out of it once in a while, but it's my home where my black heart is.
  14. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

My black heart is dead...

...Just a song...

Did you draw your avatar yourself Axel?
  15. grim_manifestation

grim_manifestation Active Member

Yes, I am too a complete recluse, online/offline its all the same. I've been wondering all along what the hell I am even doing here, as forums/chat sites are usually an antithesis to everything I enjoy about the internet. Lots of ambivalence I must say.

I think what matters about whether being a recluse is a good thing or bad is how you feel being alone. Do you feel a peaceful sense of solitude or loneliness?

And Daniel, I can relate to those night wanders - especially in the city. Everything is so quiet, atmospheric and dead. The only few people that you come across are the eccentrics, and must say its one of the few times I feel connected to other people. The daytime I find id too noisy, overstimulating and over-saturated with 'normals', that's when its a good time to depersonalize...but really I prefer daytime for sleeping.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2010
  16. xToxThexGravex

Naw, I was looking for pics of Liquid Snake on Google and I found it.

I wish I could draw this good.
  17. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

I used to love to draw until I got I cannot ever learn to draw the way I want. It real suck when I have got desire to draw and my mind fly free and see all what to draw and my fucking hands do not get the same pic.... I hate it when my mind see things but I cannot get it to the paper.

Anyway cool pic.
  18. xToxThexGravex

19. neohume

neohume Well-Known Member

PRACTICE! if you do something often enough, youre left with no choice but to become good at it. - this is a fact!
  20. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

Nääääääh, hurt too much when I see me failed every time...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.