Completely isolated

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by starryeyed, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starryeyed

starryeyed Well-Known Member

I haven't spoken to anyone in days. if I go out I am just ignored by people even when I go up talking to them they pretend Im not there. Its at the stage now where if I killed myself nobody would notice. Im finished college for the year and have f all to do all day. i can see myself turning to alcohol if things dont get better even though I cant drink much with my meds.
    I hate myself so much tonight I cant even have a drink. Ive lived around here most of my life yet when people see me they pretend im not there. even when i post on facebook nobody talks to me. I cant go on like this.
    I was seeing as counsellor and she said she found it hard to believe that nobody speaks to me.
    My father was very wealthy and of gentry but he didnt want me so i got adopted illegally by a very bad family.
    They tortured and abused me even as an adult. I offered to bring my mother shopping and when she thought i couldnt hear her she was telling everyone how much she hated me. i have since broke all contact with them, they dont know if im even still alive yet they have made no efforts to see if im ok.
    i thought by starting college again i would make new friends but everyone around the campus laughs at me and thinks im a freak.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

you are not going to be ignored here hun i see you i hear you and i am sorry you feel so isolated.
    You did good to get away from that toxic family of yours and you are going to college getting education that is good too Who ever is laughing at you they are not worth getting upset over ok Soon you will graduate get ajob and have mature people to talk to Not the immature ones You keep talking here okay keep venting hun so others can support you too hugs

3. starryeyed

I should say that Im 35. Its been really hard for me cos I worked very hard at my career then I got too sick to
    work anymore. I have studied too before but i didnt wish to persue art as a life choice.

I think i should go abroad cos im shunned here. shunned is the only word i can use cos my family and friends have all turned their back on me. I am completely alone. I didnt even have anyone to celebrate finishing my exams with or getting good marks all year either. Im such a loser its not funny

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

no it is not funny IT is sad that you had noone to celebrate your great accomplishment I am sorry hun but justknow that you are someone very special ok I think if you need to travel then do so hun Noone is holding you back You do what brings you happiness ok hugs

5. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Well, you sure do sound like a winner to me! Quite the extraordinary, special person, and I'd be lucky to know some body like you... I don't have any body I can trust as a friend where I live, either. I've even left facebook because it was more trouble than it was worth. I hope that you find some happiness some where with some one soon...

6. anotherearthplease27

anotherearthplease27 Well-Known Member

You say you are a loser...but from what i've read the opposite is true. You distanced yourself from a family that i agree is toxic...and you have been working at bettering yourself and finding yourself. And in general are making the effort to speak with people...albeit those people are idiots.

You really need to give yourself a break...and a pat on the back.

if you are seriously entertaining jumping countries...have you thought about studying abroad.....i only suggest this because it seems you are doing so well with onward progress in your life...im not sure about you but i always feel better when i have a goal/plan/structure.(which is ironic becuase my life is so lacking in theses...but that is me)

i am sorry you are feeling disconnected..know the feeling...please try not to let the idiots of the world get you down. and this is a grat place to connect..no one judges here. I wish you luck and hugs...and even know its late in coming:stars:congrats on the good grades.

7. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I can relate to how you feel. Some days I swear I'm invisible. At times I'll even test it by doing something extreme just to see if anybody notices. Many times they don't. I say hi to people and they act like they didn't hear me, I wave or nod at people and they act like they didn't see me. Maybe they really didn't. Maybe I'm just super stealthy. I obviously missed my calling, I should have become a ninja.

Seriously though, I don't think you're a loser at all. I never finished college. I have a job, but not a career. I don't have any friends. I don't even have a Facebook account.

I do think you should try living in a different place, if that's possible. I've thought about moving to a different country before too, thinking that I might fit in better someplace else. But don't worry about being part of the "in" crowd, I never was either. One really good friend is worth a thousand Facebook "friends". I am sure that if you're patient and look in the right places, you will find one. Even though it may feel like it, I guarantee you you're not the only one who is alone. There is probably someone there who feels exactly the same as you, and perhaps you just never noticed them because they too are invisible or hiding from the world. But trust me. There are plenty more people like us out there. We're just hard to find sometimes.

8. starryeyed

Thank you so much for all the amazing replies.
    I plan on staying in this country due to the fees for uni abroad. They are sky high, I'm still waiting on my grant to pay
    for this years college. It is reassuring to know I am not alone. I had someone try and start a friendship with me online then she just stopped talking to me. I am sick of fair weather friends. I am glad to meet you all!
    I realise I am confusing, what I mean is I just want to move to another country and chef but I am too sick so what i have no cjoice but to do is move away from here but stay in the country.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2012
  9. starryeyed

Why the f am I on meds?
    Everyone can hear thoughts and they are just afraid I will find out that my family robbed my inheritance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.