completely lost...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by theleastofthese, Mar 29, 2008.

1. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I've been fighting against alcohol and I'm losing. I woke up this morning in such a bad panic attack that I drank a couple glasses of wine to calm down. Now I just woke up again and when I went to let the dog back in the house I passed out from dizziness and cracked the back of my head on the floor. I want to bad to stop drinking but can't stand the withdrawal and the panic. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't function and I only want to sleep cause when I'm asleep I can't feel the terrible panic. I am so ashamed and disappointed in myself. I am lost and afraid and alone.:sad::sad:
  2. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

I would like to say something encuoraging, but I am just as fucked up and depressed and panicking as you. So let's both wait for someone in more "Mary Sunshine" mood...
  3. no point

no point Well-Known Member

What about meds? Are you on any meds to stop the panic attacks? I think you should tell your doctor about them. You can stop drinking. Please hang on.
  4. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I'm on five different meds for depression and anxiety, the;y're not helping much.
  5. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Ok lessee. You tried the treatment-center option right? You know you need a lot longer than a week in there. Right?

If you are on benzodiazepines concurrently with the drinking, you may find it impossible to do this on your own. If it's Xanax or Klonopin, they're two nasties to have with an alcohol problem.

If you think I'm just being down, consider: Many people find it extremely difficult to kick benzos alone. Nevermind alcohol on top.

Anyway, list your meds (or send PM). We'll keep talking this out.