complicated...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by me..., Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me...

me... Guest

okay, so I'm currently dating a man who is amazing to me, treats me with respect all the time, does anything and everything he can to make sure I'm okay. Thing is, we've never met and we live in different countries. He tells me he loves me and I believe him, and I say the same thing, and I don't know if I mean it or not now...I'm confused there. So I got a call from a guy that I used to work with and went to high school with. We've known each other for about 3 years now and he called today and I decided to answer the phone. Heck, why not, haven't talked to him in a while right? Well he told me that he needed to tell me something and made me sit down for it. He told me that he's always had this major crush on me since the day we met, and the funny thing is, I wrote him a letter a while back, before me and this other guy started dating stating the same thing. I've felt the same way about him as he admitted to me today. I've never met the guy I'm dating, and I don't know that it is entirely possible for that to happen. I'm really not sure what to do and I feel like such a bitch. If I end up telling my current boyfriend, I'm scared that he might do something permanent, like end his life, and I'm gonna feel like shit. I will feel responsible for it all. I'm just tempted to take my own life...there would be no more problems for me to deal with and I wouldn't be able to cause any more problems...if anybody has any suggestions please help!

2. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Tell the guy. He'll have to find out sooner or later. Don't stress over it so much. It doesn't make you a "bitch", it just makes you honest.

Please don't take your own life. I'm around anytime you need to talk. :hug:

3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

:yes: Agreed with Rae.
    And, same, hun, I'm here if you need to talk. :hug:

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

My opinion is that you should meet with the guy you know from high school and see if things work out between you. Talk to your friend over the internet and tell him the truth. You do not know if the two of you would even like each other if you were to ever meet in RL. If it is possible, try to remain friends with him. If he tries to tell you he will hurt himself if you break things off with him, that is emotional blackmail. Don't let him put you in the position of thinking it would be your fault. The decision would be his and his alone. It would be better to find out from you now than down the road when he feels he has grown even closer to you. I hope I made at least a little sense to you. I am here to talk if you need as well as the others are. Take care. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.