Compliment

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Malcontent, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

Saw my counsellor today (hooray, I feel slightly chilled now!). And we were just talking about counselling in general and stuff (cos I've been deemed nuts enough have an open contract, so I can waste time!) And she said that I, and I quote "have all the qualities to make a bloody excellent counsellor". I feel really chuffed by that :biggrin:

2. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

I'd totally agree with that Mal :) :hug:

You're such a kind, caring guy who listens and offers non-judgemental advice, and you deliver it in a good, non-patronising way (which some people who I've met in real life have done :dry: ) :)

You'd be great at it, I'm sure :) :hug:

3. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

Good for u! I find it hard speaking to a councellor who i kno hasnt been through any of the feelings im feeling, so if u have ur gona b fantastic at it! :smile:

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

:wootrock: :worthy:

Never a truer word spoken !

5. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

:shy: thanks guys

Helpless88, that ties in with what I was talking to her about actually. Apparently the top counselling qualifications have a requirement in them for the students to have counselling themselves (that's in the uk anyway), and in her opinion the best counsellors are the ones who've been through it themselves. The majority of them have :smile:

6. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

I agree.. Mal you'd be a great counsellor. Are you considering starting any courses?

I'm on the Level 2 certificate in Counselling Skills.. and it is definitely true. The people who have been through crap themselves often have a deeper sense of genuineness and empathy towards others who are in the same boat.

The tutor on the other course i'm doing (to become a psychotherapist) said exactly the same.. without going through the shit yourself, you won't make as good a therapist as someone who hasn't

:)

7. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Mal & Jenny, I think you would/will both make great counsellors, in fact BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) don't have to look any further than SF to to find candidates to fill all their courses! :biggrin:

8. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

Yeah I'm kinda thinking about it Jen. Not entirely sure how to go about it though :laugh: Maybe in a few months when I've sorted myself out a bit, and I wanna do a bit of travelling too... But yeah, I might give it a go :cool:

9. BeenThere

BeenThere Guest

It takes a certain kind of person to be a counselor and i rhink you would do very well.I seriously hope yoo consider that as a valid career option :)