concerned about myself

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by geolab101, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geolab101

geolab101 Well-Known Member

i'm a little afraid of myself right now. i only cut myself once recently when things were really bad for me. i ended up at a day clinic therapy place for several days and i'm doing a lot better now.

my problem is that i think a lot more about hurting myself. it is hard to talk myself out of things like that all the time.

i kind of went from suicidal thoughts to more along the lines of self harming thoughts.

so the point of this thread is methods that will help me not have those thoughts at all. like... when you are thinking of cutting yourself, what do you say to yourself to help you stay safe? i'm doing okay currently and i'm not feeling terrible, i just really don't want to be at the terrible place i can be without all the help i can get.

any of your thoughts are appreciated.

2. netsirk

netsirk Active Member

I think it is great that you are trying to find ways to not cut when the thought come up. I too self harm and only just started to go to therapy for that reason. One thing that I have found that helps is to write down your feelings at that moment. I cut because of feeling inner pain, instead of icking up a rzor I find a pen and write why I want to cut, or what is making me think of cutting. I'm not saying this works in every situation and every time, but it does help a lot.

I hope this helps you and if I think of another strategy that helps I will add it.

:tongue: feel free to pm me if you want to ask further questions or anything.

3. geolab101

geolab101 Well-Known Member

thanks netsirk.

that is a really great idea. if i can't avoid those feelings i will be sure to try to write about what i'm feeling.

thanks for your input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.