Concerned

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by whybother?, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whybother?

whybother? Well-Known Member

on my other thread i explained i wasnt eating properly and i was bringing up every little thing i eat, but i can drink anything and id be fine, im very concerned about how this is effecting my body, can any1 tell me of any drinks that gives u all the proteins and vitamins u need? ive lost a hell of alot of weight in such a short time which im not proud of and im very worried about :sad:

2. forevermore

forevermore Guest

I have been where you are, just not lately...

I don't know a lot about what is out there right now, other than Ensure and the like and Carnation Instant Breakfast (both will give you some nourishment and a big carb rush, but that might drop you later, so be prepared for that)...I used to make smoothies with vanilla yogurt, whatever juice and/or fruit I happened to have on hand, and Instant Breakfast...if that is too heavy for you to start with, V-8 Fusion is great stuff...

I'm sure that there is healthier stuff to be had to help you get started eating again, I just don't know what...hopefully others will have suggestions. *hugs*

3. alison

alison Well-Known Member

Awhile ago I used to always break my fasts with Naked Fruit Smoothies. I would use them because they're pretty high calorie, but all good stuff - theres like a pound of fruit in each bottle. And when you don't want to eat at all, I think they're way easier to get down then actual fruit or food. My favorite is the 'Green Machine' :)

I'm not sure how they are in terms of protein (i dont really know as much about nutrition as i should..), but for me they are the easiest way to get some calories into your system. And once I drink a couple, my appetite would start to go up... idk.

I'm sorry, I hope that was at least semi-helpful.

4. whybother?

whybother? Well-Known Member

thanks for ur advice guys :) i'll deffo try out everythin uve suggested. i'll keep u updated if any of it works or not

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.