Concerts Love em or Hate em?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by ozbound, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Me personally I love em I will be going to see Kings of Leon in Hyde park and I have tickets to the V festival.

2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

in small doses. the last band I saw was GO4 and that was how many years ago? I'd love to go to a lot of stuff going on in London, mainly small things, not in big venues- then again, I've heard about racism in those places from an old friend and how isolated he felt when he wasn't drunk, but if I had a friend who'd come along, it'd make me feel a lot more safer at night. my sister and i are going to something this summer which i'm thrilled 'bout :cool:

3. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Ive only ever been to one and that was Bryan Adams in Manchester arena years ago....I dont however deal with crowds very well x

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Never been to one, probably never will.

5. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I've seen Zonaria... 5 years ago. It was a weird experience. Too loud... And crowding people.
    I actually know some of the members lol! As one of them is the brother of a friend

6. Warm Hands

Warm Hands Well-Known Member

I love them.

When it's a band or artist I really love it just takes their music to a completely different lever.

7. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I used to love going to concerts back when I was still a person

8. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

i love them! my next is gonna be blink if i get in quick enough with buying the tickets! :biggrin:

9. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Used to love them, hate them now. Ditto to what Angela said about crowds. I start to feel anxious and notice everybody and everything, I also start to feel like everybody realises I don't belong here and I am the one person who is not enjoying myself as much as I should be.

10. ozbound

Is that Blink182 just started listening to them again?

11. Landlocked blues

yeah blink 182!! their my favorite band!!

12. ozbound

One of the songs I listen too a lot is Miss You I can relate to a lot of the lyrics.

13. Landlocked blues

me too. i hate the fact i can relate though. :sad:

14. ozbound

Yeah me too :console:

15. Landlocked blues

:hug: thank you

16. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

lol- it's kinda dumb... I've been to a few 'concerts'/lives/what have you's- and never actually seen a band play. I would like to some day... there's alot of energy in the audience that would be fun to be a part of, I'm sure.

17. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

I go to alot of concerts, even though most of my favorite bands are from european countries and often don't tour the US or skip Seattle when they do..

18. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

Well, I'm fond of my hearing so I kind of stay away from concerts. I had tinnitus for a while and during that time I thought I had hearing loss; it was such an awful feeling... And I'm a musician too! :( Not a pro or anything but I write all the time... I'd lose so much joy if I'd damage my hearing, I can't tell you.. You can wear protection, sure. But even then it's SO LOUD... It's unhealthy. I don't get why they play so loud... I mean it's so loud I can't even hear the music. And isn't that pretty much the whole point of the show? lol

19. Vagrant

Vagrant Account Closed

Ugh, okay, so for those of you who don't know, usually at a punk show, if there's a song you really like, you can hop up on stage with your boys and hijack a mic and sing along with the band, and everyone's cool with it and all. So the last show I'm at, I'm up onstage with a bunch of skinheads I've never even met before and we're all singing along and it's cool until this short bitch crawls up onstage, throws her arm around us, and just starts screaming into the mic to the tune of the song. FUCK, I HATE THAT! I fucking hate people who try to sing along to a song they don't know the words to! She just ruined it for everyone till someone pulled her off. Christ, I hate that.

20. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I love them! Sadly I am not able to see many. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.