Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Adeline, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adeline

Adeline Well-Known Member

I have to say it:

I cut myself for the first time in a long time.

I hate myself.

I want to die.

I wish that I could stop this.
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You stopped before and you can again Earla. We all have setbacks from time to time. I know they are very discouraging, but pick yourself up, brush off the dirt, and know that you are able to stop. It can be a one time thing. Take care. I am rooting for your success in controlling this again. :hug:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2007
  3. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Gentlelady is right! You define who you are every second. When you are not cutting, you are not a cutter. You have the ability to decide right this very moment who you are. Nothing can be done about the past, but worrying about it and beating yourself up will only cause you to fail in the future. Try to put it out of your mind, as hard as that is, and simply don't be that person anymore. If you slip, do the same thing again and again. Develop a pattern of being successful, and conquering your demons and weaknesses, and you will get better at it! Eventually, you will succeed for good. You might even look back at this as "the last time I ever cut myself", and it will be a significant moment and turning point for you. Decide who you want to be and be that person, from now on.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.