Conformity

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Cortez, May 8, 2011.

1. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

Why are people so shallow and pretentious? Why do some people never grow as human beings? Is your money that good? Are your materialistic possessions that good? Will you depend on your so called friends for every little thing in your life? People are so scared to be alone, to stand on their own two feet. And they have the audacity to look down at others who don't live by the same principles as them.

2. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

Conformist are ant-evolutional.

The original conformist is the nothingness that existed before the big bang.

Are you aware of Bukowski?

3. spiritxfade

spiritxfade Well-Known Member

I don't know. And I've changed my very being to become like the people who I called my friends, and I regret it to this day. Especially when it blew up in my face.

I don't know why- I like to think it's just because people, especially people my age and where I live, haven't had anything bad happen to them. Well, bad emotionally. Where they feel lost and they hate themselves and all that. To them, tragedy is a broken nail, a failed hairstyle, or not getting the new laptop they wanted for Christmas. For me, it's knowing that people I care about are hurting and depressed and wanting to die and not being able to do anything about it. It's worrying whether one of your closest friends might suddenly get the resolve to kill herself, and that's a worry that lingers even though she seems to have recovered from that dark phase of her life.

I especially dislike it when someone can be extremely sweet and real when they're alone, but plop them into a group and they become like the crowd.

4. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

i think its fear. its safer in a crowd than to be picked
    out all by yourself because doing something different.
    people shouldnt base decisions on fear >: