Confused about a voice

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Darkness Inside, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkness Inside

Darkness Inside Account Closed

I've been thinking long and hard about this, it doesn't make sence. I hear a voice but how do I know that I'm not the voice telling the the other voice what to do to do. How do I know who's personality is who's. It all seems so alike. I just don't understand, am I in control do I constantly listen to the voice or do I tell the voice. What am I!!! Am I a voice in the back of my head I watch myself as if I'm not in control. I watch myself go as if its not me controlling myself. I want to understand but i don't know if I can.

2. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

Do you mean having conversations in your head you and another?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2010
  3. Darkness Inside

??? What do you mean and gtg class is starting right now.

4. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

The voice you hear is created by yourself, however isn't necessarily.. "you" as such. Well it is, kinda. It'll be you in another state, another.. personality, but it's different to multiple personality disorder. It's a very hard thing to explain, but in short, yes it is you, and.. technically you control it, but to truly control it, you need to gain control of yourself. Once you do that, and once you start to get a little better, the voice will slowly go away because you'll gain control over the part of you that put it there.

I seriously urge you to think about a psychiatrist, if you already have one, you need to talk about this with them.

5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Aaron this could be one of many things. And with the little bit of information you have given it would be hard to tell. I do agree that it might be a really good idea to go to a psychiatrist and find out whats going on.

but I do want to ask, if it would be appropriate for you to answer this, what does the voice say? Wishing you the very best

6. Darkness Inside

The voice mainly controls my entire life, I do what it says, most of the time. IT does want me to do violent stuff such as killing people but i don't let it control me over that. But uhh yeah... it hurts when I say no. And yes I do mean conversations back and forth

7. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Aron, I think it might help a lot to get the help of a psychiatrist. Because you can get medicine to help with this. Do you have a doctor you can go to who you can explain this to? So your doc can find you a good psychiatrist? You deserve to not have to live alone with this !!! You do a good job resisting the voice. But you deserve help with all of this !!

8. Darkness Inside

My parents won't take me to one.

9. flowers

flowers Senior Member

oh Aaron, I am sorry they wont. Are you in school? Because if you are, can you go to your guidence counseller? you will get help there. Hearing voices when you are young can be helped for sure. Just gotta let the right person know. I am sorry your parents will not help. But please dont let that stop you. You deserve to not have to live like this.

10. Darkness Inside

HA Guidance counsellor, theres no such thing in my school they have pepople who help you with class choosing, thats it.

11. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Aaron, is there an adult you trust in school? A teacher? someone who you feel safe with? Because if so, can you ask him or her if you could talk? I really care and want you to get the help you deserve. What do you think of that idea?

12. ~Heather~

~Heather~ Well-Known Member

I agree that you should try to talk to someone you trust and/or reach out for professional help. You need someone who really knows how to help.
    You should urge your parents to take you somewhere for help, and try getting it across how much this is worrying you. And if you say you have been doing this keep doing it they have to get it at some point.

13. Darkness Inside

Telling a teacher about this, that just feels so... strange

14. Darkness Inside

Anyways heading to "bed" Ill reply on my phone. Not supposed to be up right now. So uhh... yeh, I'll be on my phone.

15. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Aaron, you are a good kid. I can feel that. I am being honest. I want you to win here. right? That stupid voice cannot stay. The way you get to win is to think about who you can tell. Just ask the question in your heart. See who comes to mind. And dont let that stupid voice get a vote in this. right? Just ask the question of your heart. ( I say to ask your heart, because the voice doesnt get to be in your heart) A safe responsible adult. And if you are still awake and its not morning, go to sleep !!! lol But ask in your heart first for an answer. Then just listen to the feeling in your heart.

16. Darkness Inside

Ask my heart?

17. flowers

flowers Senior Member

oh Aaron, I meant that its sort of easier to think of answers sometimes when we feel them with our heart. But any way that each one of us can get the answer to our question, or a really smart idea is great. The important thing is that we ask the question. Who is the safest adult I can talk to about this? Know what I mean?

18. Darkness Inside

Pffsss I have no clue yet... so far I still feel myself drifting as if watching while my body acts automatically

19. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Aaron, if you had a friend who needed help, and you were going to help him get there, what teacher or adult would you choose to bring him to?

20. Darkness Inside

Im getting help. WHen I get to California Im going to a MD. *Bump*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.