Confused as fuck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt93

Right, I'm completely not religious in any manner, and basically loathe religion. But, what's really strange is, I've taken to looking to the sky, and saying short prayers. I know it's weird right because I'm not religious, but I dunno, I feel it just gives me something to do, and perhaps hope that someone's actually listening, and doing the best they can do to help?

Is anyone else like that? Where they'll pray, but they're not religious in any way?

hollowvoice

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
lol yeah i do the same i look at the sky and say why are you doing this to me or you think this is funny ???things like that
and im not religious either
so i know exactly what you mean

Matt93

I don't say things like that at all.

I say things like, "Please make sure that things will okay tomorrow"
Just minutes ago, which is what spurred this on, I said, "Please make sure that man is okay, please make sure he wakes up and it'll be okay."

Because, Kazine posted about it earlier, she text me about a man lay at a metro station with Paramedics surrounding him, saying that he gave in. She asked for people to send out prayers for him. And it's really not something that I would do normally, but I did. I sent out a small prayer for him. Just hoping that someone would listen and answer.

It's not religious, and I'll keep saying that, but yeah, they're genuine prayers and not rants towards the sky. Though, I admit, I do that often :P

nolonger

I do it from time to time. Sometimes I even say shit like "If <insert event> happens, I'll do <insert task>". Kinda like a trade or something? Like a reverse version of karma...something happens and I do something because of that...lol? :blink:

Matt93

I do it from time to time. Sometimes I even say shit like "If <insert event> happens, I'll do <insert task>". Kinda like a trade or something? Like a reverse version of karma...something happens and I do something because of that...lol? :blink:
I've done that a lot too. I dunno why, but yeah

itmahanh

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
I'm not religious but i have i guess a faith in something out there. so many times everyday i find myself just saying to the air "thank you" when some little thing goes right. Like catching the glass of milk before it spills on the floor. or thank you for letting one of my kids being safe when something has happened to them. it doesnt make you religious. so dont be uncomfortable with it. keep doing it. it feels good right? so go with it. cant hurt :arms:

Dave_N

Banned Member
It sounds like your asking the universe to help you out, which has nothing to do with religion. If it feels right to you, then do it. There is no harm in asking God for help in your time of need. :hug:

doityourself

yep I do the same as you and as hollowvoice.

I wish for things to be easier and I damn the things that go wrong.

I say if it makes you feel better than why not, Im not religious but my H tells me when he walks into church he feels this peace come over him, this warmth, I to wish for that, but when I walk in a church I feel panic almost fainty.

Matt93

Are you sure its not just because your into astrology :)
How did you know I was into astrology?! Well, technically more like astrophysics but yeah XD

I do genuinely look to the sky and, I suppose it is praying. Like just not 10 minutes ago, I looked to the sky and said, "Thank you, thank you for this night's inner peace. Thank you for giving me that."

And I do, I do feel a really prominent inner peace and I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00