Confused & hurt

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by JayLee, May 4, 2008.

1. JayLee

JayLee Well-Known Member

I lost someone I really cared about a few years ago now. I'm not really sure if I've gotten past it at all. Somedays I dont think about them hardly at all, then other days I think about them constantly and keep asking "why?"

Is it selfish to ask why I had to be the one to lose someone I care about so much? Should I rather be asking why such a great person had their life cut so short? I'm confused, and hurt. I'd so rather be the one cut short, not him.

Sorry, I just thought I'd giving posting a little ramble a shot. Appreciate it.

2. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Hey jswizzler,

I appreciate the post, especially cos I'm in a similar situation.
    It's not selfish to think why you lost someone you cared for so much, at least not in my opinion. It's human to feel that way. :dunno:

:hug:

3. JayLee

JayLee Well-Known Member

I let you down.

Your last words to me were to be good and not to do those things but I didn't even listen to you, the one person I loved so much in this world. Why couldn't I just listen. Now I'll never see you again. I already miss you so much. :sad: I've tried so hard. I tried to hold onto you, hold onto your words, to our memories. I tried to keep the feeling of your love in my heart always, so I would never lose you.

I'm so sorry

4. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

You are not selfish at all for asking why you had to lose someone. In my eyes it's a perfectly legit feeling especially since you loved them so much. You have every right to feel the way you do. I'm sorry I don't have much more to offer except I'm so sorry for your loss :hug:

5. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

No, it's not selfish at all. These things take time and there unique to each individual.

6. JayLee

JayLee Well-Known Member

Thank you for the support guys, it truly means a lot to me to hear your kind words and reassurement.