Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by meaningless-vessel, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Having a few unsettling thoughts right now.

I can't be anyone but myself. This is true. But I'm slowly discovering more and more that being myself is being more and more unacceptable. I'm fighting to convince myself to persevere, yet I'm not sure I have the energy or the mental strength to keep going.

I know I would hurt a lot of people, but I'm equally sure that 99.9% of them hurt me by not allowing me to be me, or by knocking most of what I say into being about them (my mum did exactly that 3 hours ago).

So I'm torn. Continue to get hurt myself or hurt others. When in theory i'd rather do neither.
  2. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

You should always be allowed to be yourself. But like you have told many people, as have I, maybe just take a step back and reflect on your actions. What is it about what you have said or done that seems to be upsetting people? Maybe you could talk to those around you, maybe you will find a common theme. Maybe it is something you could work on. Not changing who you are, but adapting your thoughts and actions. We are always growing as people, it doesn't hurt to do a little self reflection every now and again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.