confused

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by bck, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bck

bck Active Member

Really not doing well. Having many bad thoughts...

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Time now then to reach out to someone ok Keep talking here maybe others have gone through the same things and can support you ok hugs

3. bck

bck Active Member

I doubt anybody truly cares...

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

We care or we wouldnt be posting or reading your post.

5. bck

bck Active Member

I'm sorry

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Its ok hun we all understand ok just know you are ok here no one will harm you here hugs

7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Feeling any better?

8. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

:hug: are you okay? please let us know if you're okay

9. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Bck, no need to apologise but keep posting. Sorry to see that you are suffering. Please keep posting here and I hope things get better for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  10. bck

bck Active Member

I am trying to do better. It's not working. I am so sick of faking happiness and never actually being happy. I have tried the "fake it tell you make it". Does not work for me. I feel worse than I was. I want to give u

11. morning rush

yeah fake it till you make it isn't really good advice. If you're not happy, you shouldn't have to fake it. Sometimes expressing how we really feel helps more than pretending otherwise. I think you've discovered this already :)

maybe give yourself a break? do something just for you, without caring about others and see how you feel?

12. bck

bck Active Member

I don't know where to even begin. I am always taking care of others.

13. morning rush

same here. I spent most of my life taking care and helping others, until I understood that I can't help others if I need help myself. So you sort of have to be able to say no, and do stuff for yourself. It's hard at first but it's doable, and you feel better, once you feel better you'll feel incline to help others and you'll also be in better shape to help others...so care for yourself first, do stuff only for yourself...pamper yourself etc...

14. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

((((hugs))))

Just so you know, I really do care. I've been in your shoes and am still walking through that. It's SO SO hard and so often people just. don't. get it. The whole "fake it till you make it" philosophy isn't one of my favourites because when you're feeling so incredibly depressed and like giving up, it just doesn't help one bit. It can be helpful for folks with very mild depression (not the kind that qualifies for a clinical diagnosis) or even for dysthymia but for major depressive disorder it's just bad advice. As someone else said, you need to be able to be yourself and express how you're feeling without feeling like you have to fake it.

This might seem like a silly question, but do you have a therapist or counsellor you can talk to about what's going on? If not, I would encourage you to look into that. I know it might seem like a hard thing to do, but it really can help to talk to a professional about the thoughts in your head -- even the very very bad ones. You might also find some benefit from medication if you're not already taking something (and if you are, maybe it's time to talk to your psychiatrist or GP about a change in meds).

I know both of those tasks can seem a little bit overwhelming (or maybe a lot overwhelming), but we'll be here to encourage you and talk to you about whatever is on your mind in the mean time. Please continue to talk to us here while you're working on things with a therapist or a psychiatrist. A LOT of the folks who post here on a regular basis have been exactly where you are and even worse. There is a wealth of experience, insight, and support here and a lot of genuinely really awesome people. I know coming here has been a lifesaver for me at times when I've been deeply depressed and on the brink of suicide. I've gotten a lot of amazing support from the folks here too and, thankfully, I've been able to offer support too (which is helpful in its own way). There's no judgment here and no one is going to tell you that you can't feel a certain way or think a certain way. We will offer support and encouragement and as much help as we can though. Posting here in the forum is one way to get support and chat is the other. Chat is especially nice for those times when you need more immediate feedback or support. I have found a lot of help in the chat rooms.

I'll definitely be thinking of you as I go through the rest of my day. Please take good care of yourself and know that you're not alone. We're here for you!

~Ana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.