Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ~sal~, Oct 11, 2008.

1. ~sal~

~sal~ Member

my half sister hasn't spoken to me since i was 5 (i'm now 17) and today i had a new friend request on facebook, so i went to see who it was and its supposedly my half sister (baring in mind a. it could be someone having a sick joke and b. i have no idea what she looks like so it might jus be someone of the same name) she also sent me a message saying she has been looking for me on facebook for ages and is so glad to finally have found me, please can i get in touch. now i wanna know my half sister, but i was close to her brother (my half brother) and 2yrs ago i saw him, his wife n daughter and then he didnt speak to us again, he has since had another child (think it was a girl) which my dads ex wife kindly told my nan about in an xmas card, i dont want to go through the hurt again, i'm scared of her hurting me again. i know i have to tell my dad about it cos it would be wrong to go behind his back. i dont even know why i'v posted this tbh. i just dont know what to do :sad:
  2. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Aww sal :hug: You shoulda texted me hun. I'm here for you.
    I can understand how you feel, its the same with me and my dad, torn between worrying about what you will find out/what will happen but also wanting to know the person. And that's completely normal. I think you should talk to your dad, as you have said you will. See what he has to say. But if it was me i would tread carefully if you decide to talk to her. Don't get too deep into it. The more detatched you stay, the best you can, the less hurt you will be, effectively. Keep chit chat general until you feel you know you can trust her.
    And please hun, text me if you need me at all. :hug:
    Ly xxx