Confused

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by impuissant, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impuissant

impuissant Member

At the moment, I'm very confused.

I've always put on this mask, I guess. To fend off the world or whatever. But I think I've been wearing it too long? I don't know. I just don't feel like I can feel anything anymore. I mean, I laugh. But aren't you supposed to feel happy or something when you laugh? I guess that doesn't make much sense. I just kind of feel like I'm running through the motions and everything around me is just static.

Though I'd like to say I hate it, I just... I don't know. I just don't feel anything anymore.

I'd rather be dead than to feel nothing at all.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...we defend as much as we have to to feel safe...when we are willing to be more authentic, it takes a good deal of bravery and the want to be more present in the world...although this is difficult, it sure does counterbalance the feelings of being a fraud and being paranoid...wishing you a life in the moment, J

3. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

welcome SF

It is very tiring to put up a mask and having this wall up so it feels safe. I hear what you're saying and hope it gets better for you.

4. Cardboard

Cardboard Member

I know how your feeling, thats exactly how I was for the first few months after my dad suddenly died. I became a Zombie, acting the way I usually acted in public, wearing a mask, pretending that I didn't hurt. I cant say that it will go away, but dont hate yourself for it. Its natural when bad things happen, hell I drift from unbearable pain to nothing many times at random during a given day. Find someone who you feel comfortable talking to, or find a therapist, because I found that being open and honest helped bring some feelings back.

5. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

We all wear masks hun. I havent met single person who hasnt at some point in life, but sooner or later the mask slides and we can see what's hidden behind and the ball starts. Dont do this to yourself as no good can come out of it. Let the mask drop and start facing with you'v been hiding from that hurts you. You can do it on your own if you feel strong otherwise seek a professional help, a therapist or counselor or psichiatra to help you in this.

I wish you all the best
    granny

6. CAD

CAD Well-Known Member

Off-topic but complimentary: I love your username, OP. Have only seen "puissance" used once.

7. KirstyMissJimBob

KirstyMissJimBob Well-Known Member

we all wear masks and put up walls at some point in our lives, its a way to protect ourselves or hide from what ever pain we may be in. When you are ready to take off your mask, you can always talk to us or a counsellor/therapist, or if u want to do it alone you can.
    Either way we are here for you and care about you no matter what.
    **HUGS**

Love Kirsty
    P.S I hope all of that made sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.