Confused...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Songie, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songie

Songie Well-Known Member

Ever since I stopped seeing Shane I have been...I dunno...fucked up is a good way to put it. I've been drunk and stoned to the point that I dont remember pretty much anything of the past few days...nothing at all. Im scared and I think that this could develop into a serious problem if i dont stop being fucked up all the time...idk..im drinking/smoking away my problems...and its scaring me. Help?:anyone:

2. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

Maybe you should try and get a better high. For example like a having fun high with your friends. I feel "high" by some music I listen to. I would ease off the negative drugs and work on being sober. I think it could help.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yeh instead of using bad coping drugs and alcohol do something exciting like sky diving or something Nice weather go hang out at the beach get some good air go shopping get something really cool for yourself buy new clothing.
    Lay off the weed and drugs and alcohol because in the end nothing will have changed only you will feel sicker and dig yourself a deeper hole to get out of
    Please try to reach out to your friends instead of the substances okay Friends will bring you laughter not a hang over.

4. Songie

Songie Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, and yeah your right i think i need to start getting out more instead of staying in and getting messed up...but im saying that and im messed up right now...god...this makes almost a month that ive pretty much been messed up every day...this past week has been especially bad though...

5. noPoint

noPoint Well-Known Member

I'de agree that it will become a problem.

You said it yourself, that you can't even remember what happened the past few days you were messed up. And if that's the case, then all you will remember is the bad shit that led up to you using and drinking. All it can really do is build up and become worse and worse.

I'm not saying your an addict. But I was addicted to marijuana, alcohol, nicotine (if that counts) and then I started using benzos. And I was a miserable mess to put it into light terms.

But I hope you can find yourself through whatever it is that has you down.

And sense you asked.

About help, any professional, or anybody who has beat substance abuse is going to tell you that you have to replace your habbit with something else. Exersize is going to be the number one thing you will hear. Then the other thing is finding a hobby you really enjoy that allows you to be happy for that moment, even if all together you aren't happy.

What I did is just, I just cut myself off of all the people I once called friends, because as time went by I realized that they were negetive influences on me. Then I surrounded myself with people who loved me, even though inside I really didn't feel much love for anyone. I've done a whole lot of things that I thought were completely stupid. But in all honesty, all that cliché bull shit and all that, it really does work.

And its been like a year sense I decided I was done with marijuana and pills. I've relapsed a good four/five times and now it has been like three in a half months sense I've used anything.

I didn't mean to make this so long, and I don't know if im getting through to you or not. But I am registered to this site so its not like I'm talkin a bunch of bull shit.

But anyways, I hope you can get through all this and be happy again. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2009
  6. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

My advice, stop now, it will only get harder. And if there was something that started you on drugs, the pain from that will dissipate, but you will have an entirely new problem - addiction.
    In the long run it is not beneficial.
    Be safe :)

7. versin

versin Member

Keep yourself busy and try to focus on other fun things to do. There are so many fun things to do in life rather than drinking and getting high with drugs.

8. Songie

Songie Well-Known Member

Thanks guys...really. Um...ive been doing better lately. Still drinking and smoking a bit of weed. Did a percaset yesterday...but it isnt an everyday thing anymore...idk...im still having issues with it, but doing better. Thanks for all of your support :)

9. candiz

candiz Active Member

Have you seen Shane lately? Has the drinking and smoking help you get over Shane in any way? I miss my ex boyfriend too and I smoked a lil bit of pot today, it helped me stop crying...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.