Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by on_the_edge, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. on_the_edge

on_the_edge Member

I haven't been on here long, so I don't exactly know how things work yet... but I need to talk to someone and I can't find anyone in person that I trust. I have a long sorted history that includes some really pleasant times and some really horrible times... will just leave it at that. Lately, over the past month or so, I have started eating less and less as a result of the pain, stress, and bullsh*t that has been happening in my life... Its currently been over 48 hours since I've eaten anything and kept it down. I find myself with a horrible headache and I feel like I'm going to pass out everytime I walk outside (its almost 115 with heat index here) But when I go to put something in my mouth to eat, I find myself throwing it away, putting it back down or throwing it back up. My stomach doesn't want food. My husband and I have been fighting and he tried to force feed me yesterday, but I just couldn't do it. My mother has been in on this too and she promotes my weight loss and yells at me for my weight daily. It's like my username, I'm on_the_edge and I don't know how much longer it will take to push me over...
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think you need to consult your physician and see whether there is a medical condition at the root of these would be a shame if they were not treated...also, maybe family therapy would be helpful so that you and your family can come to an understanding regarding the issues re weight and food...hope you feel better and know that you are worth advocating for yourself to get the care you need...J
  3. Geminihopes

Geminihopes Member

On The Edge,

Sorry that you are suffering with the food issues and I think that Sadeyes had a good idea of going to your family physician and talking to him/her about it. I am concerned for your wellbeing as a person can't sustained themselves in life without food and water. I hope you get the help you need and deserve.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.