confusion about dianosis

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Andy73, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy73

Andy73 Active Member

I have been diagnosed with PTSD and BPD, Anxiety and some type of Depression and my doctor wants me to see a physiologist under some better access program but the problem is I already see my counselor who is also a physiologist but he doesn't have his own practice and I cannot see 2 different physiologists at the same time and all I want out of seeing a physiologists for my doctor is to better define my disorders and change my medication to better suit me so I don’t know what I should do.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You can go to a different psychologist just for a second opinion a second set of eyes and ears to see what this professional feels. Each psychologist mays specialize in a different field of therapy The new psychologist may be able to help you more. Go and see then decide which psychologist fits you better and to get a second opinion. take care

3. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

Find which therapist fits your need the most. I agree with Violet - you can check out the new psychologist, doesn't mean you are going to change. You have to see what is best for you.

I saw three different therapists before I found one I could access when I needed, who had insight into what I needed, and had a wonderful heart.

The key is what is best for you and then to work with it...It is a process but well worth it.

Good luck!

4. Mr A and the sky pilots

Mr A and the sky pilots Well-Known Member

Andy they could diagnose you will shopalophopa sydrome but at the root is the theropy.
    PTSD isnt soo bad when you can find the trigger :Leiaha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.