confusion about dianosis

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Andy73, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy73

Andy73 Active Member

I have been diagnosed with PTSD and BPD, Anxiety and some type of Depression and my doctor wants me to see a physiologist under some better access program but the problem is I already see my counselor who is also a physiologist but he doesn't have his own practice and I cannot see 2 different physiologists at the same time and all I want out of seeing a physiologists for my doctor is to better define my disorders and change my medication to better suit me so I don’t know what I should do.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You can go to a different psychologist just for a second opinion a second set of eyes and ears to see what this professional feels. Each psychologist mays specialize in a different field of therapy The new psychologist may be able to help you more. Go and see then decide which psychologist fits you better and to get a second opinion. take care

3. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

Find which therapist fits your need the most. I agree with Violet - you can check out the new psychologist, doesn't mean you are going to change. You have to see what is best for you.

I saw three different therapists before I found one I could access when I needed, who had insight into what I needed, and had a wonderful heart.

The key is what is best for you and then to work with it...It is a process but well worth it.

Good luck!

4. Mr A and the sky pilots

Mr A and the sky pilots Active Member

Andy they could diagnose you will shopalophopa sydrome but at the root is the theropy.
    PTSD isnt soo bad when you can find the trigger :Leiaha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.