Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mermaidmaybe, Sep 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mermaidmaybe

Mermaidmaybe New Member

I don't really know what I should do. I go from really happy and excited about my ideas to hating everything about myself and wanting to die. I'm in college and changing my major and declaring a minor two weeks into the year, which is taking away from the stress of having a bad major to the stress of making up two weeks of work. It's hard for me to concentrate, either from wanting to work on my ideas or sadness. Getting tutoring and counseling is difficult for me (phone calls and emails are stressful). I don't know what to do. I'm a creative person, but after I make something I hate it.

Any advice?
  2. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Have you thought of being an undeclared major until you know what direction you want to go? Then try some of the classes in the major you are interested. And if you can get some counseling as to a direction you want to go in life. I know it's tough but counseling can help you in the long run.
    Keep talking and do tell us more about you and your situation.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I am sorry for the delayed reply. May I ask, is there a counsellor in your college that could help you feel less stressed? Try and find out, how would you feel about seeing one? Life is stressful even with having nothing major to do so I can understand (hugs)

PM me if you want to chat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.