Connexions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LenaLunacy

I emailed connexions last night, r.e. support and my self harm and the issues i have with being able to ring to book appointments. Got a reply today from someone there who recommded that i do some one on one sessions online in the chat with an advisor who can help me get the confidence to see someone face to face.
Thing is, i'm ok doing that, to a certain degree, BUT i don't know what to say or how to start it off.
Meh, i don't even know if i should do it.
And now i don't know what the point of this thread is.
Ffs :/

If you think it will help then you defiantly should do it, you could start by saying why you're there and sowly build up from there as you find more and more to talk about. I'm not sure how it works on the online chats but you coudl also just let them start and see what they say since they will probably give you plenty of oppertunity to say anything you want that comes to mind. :)

I emailed connexions last night, r.e. support and my self harm and the issues i have with being able to ring to book appointments. Got a reply today from someone there who recommded that i do some one on one sessions online in the chat with an advisor who can help me get the confidence to see someone face to face.
Thing is, i'm ok doing that, to a certain degree, BUT i don't know what to say or how to start it off.
Meh, i don't even know if i should do it.
And now i don't know what the point of this thread is.
Ffs :/
Start off by first talking about yourself. Maybe your name (if you want) age, that kidna thing. Start off easy and slowly build up.

Connexions are really good and understanding :)

darkplace

i find it easier to talk to ppl on the phone, not face to face. its easier to try and say more of what your feeling i guess to a complete stranger without them staring at u

LenaLunacy

Well thanks for your advice, i talked to an advisor online the other night. And now i have an appoitnment for monday, as posted in news and announcements :)
So yea. *is nervous*
Darkplace, i'm actually worse on the phone tbh, i like to see that the person is paying me their full attention and i can only tell that when im face to face with them. Ya know? :?

darkplace

Well thanks for your advice, i talked to an advisor online the other night. And now i have an appoitnment for monday, as posted in news and announcements :)
So yea. *is nervous*
Darkplace, i'm actually worse on the phone tbh, i like to see that the person is paying me their full attention and i can only tell that when im face to face with them. Ya know? :?
I understand what you mean. But just because someone is looking at you doesnt mean they care or arent thinking abot something else while you let them in on your life.
Hope your appointment goes ok, i hope you get something out of it.

LenaLunacy

This is indeed true.
I dunno, i think either way if i could avoid ever having to speak with any strangers at all ever, i would. But it has to be done, and i know i need help and this is the only way really.
Thanks hun :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00