consequences worth it? If any? I don't know!

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by PiecesMended, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiecesMended

PiecesMended Well-Known Member

Okay my posts are always long and boring. Thank you for reading but I don't blame you if you give up halfway. :smile:

Here's my list of stuff I'm supposed to tell my therapist:
    - Feeling apathetic most of the time.
    - When not feeling apathetic, feeling the need to cry but being unable to.
    - Feeling innadiquate and unloved no matter what people tell me.
    - Feeling paranoid about others plotting.
    - Becoming hyper without emotion.
    - Paranoid about technology (micro-chips in particular)
    - Paranoid about the paranormal.
    - Paranoid about the extra-terrestrial.
    - Theories attached to all paranoia.
    - Seeing things that no one else can see and still believing that they are real and having a theory attached.
    - Hearing things and feeling things that are not real but 100% believing they are real until later.
    - Becoming quite violent when I am usually not at all.
    - Suicidal thoughts.
    - As much as I hate mentioning it because of all the stigma attached but I self harm as well.
    - Feeling guilty for no reason.
    - Being fidgety.
    - Feeling panicky around strangers.
    - When in public (supermarkets mainly) I'm unresponsive to my mum talking to me and everything seems unreal and scaryly loud to my ears.
    - Wanting to be alone but craving company.
    - I keep wanting attenion but I havn't tried to seek it yet but I want to.
    - Doubting myself one second then suddenly believing I can do ANYTHING.

My mum knows that theres something up with me AGAIN. I speak before thinking and I was being all weird with her because I didn't want to use our new can opener because it's electronic and I don't trust it. She realised because my therapist told her what I was thinking before. She bought me a manual one though she isn't sure that she should have as that's reinforcing the belief.
    Basically she is going to tell my therapist about the things I've mentioned to her. I don't know wether to tell them the rest as well. I don't really trust doctors and stuff. What would be the consequences if they knew all this? Does anyone have any idea? I'm really worried about it, I don't think I can tell them....
    Im in the UK by the way.
    This all comes and goes and is worse sometimes than other times. It's not too bad right this sec which is why I'm asking now. I'd appreciate help, advice, something.
    Thank you.
  2. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

Is there a reason you dont want your therapist to find out? Do you think you could talk to your therapist before your mum does? I have paranoid thoughts, not as bad as yours but i hate the thought that people are talking about me in either a negative or positive way. I just think it may be better if you can be open with your thereapist in your own time but also getting the help you need.
    Sorry if that didnt help at all.
  3. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

You need to be open with your therapist, I'd suggest taking that list to your next session with them - it's well put together, and there appear to be things that could be symptomatic of each other so to speak.

You do need to be honest with him/her, otherwise it undermines their work. I wouldn't worry about your mum telling your therapist about things, sometimes it's useful to have an extra pair of eyes on the ground as it were.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.