Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by UnkelHeit, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnkelHeit

UnkelHeit Well-Known Member

...never the same. Does anybody think this is all just a big trolling? It just seems too outrageous to me, cyber police, backtracing? If it is I do feel bad for the girl regardless of what she said in the first place. It's the parents that should have known what their daughter was doing. She's 11 and she has all that equipment and they didn't set up any parental controls? Any thoughts?
  2. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

..what are you talking about? Was this to be a reply to something?
  3. UnkelHeit

Google Jessi Slaughter or just go to youtube and search for it. You have to see it for yourself. You won't have any problems finding it.
  4. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

All I get are biased topics, which don't really explain anything. She suposedly said something, then the ever-loving trolls did as they are want to do, and "trolled" her? Would be best, if you're starting a conversation, to give us conversation material. :p
  5. UnkelHeit

6. UnkelHeit

Possible triggers. Sorry I thought more people knew about this.
  7. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

Groan.. Poor parenting leads to stupid child which attracts stupider hiveminds which causes a shitstorm. It has happened many times before, will happen many times again.

Yes, you can blame it on the parents. It's like a kid who slaps a dog, which then bites the child. It's not the dog's fault, really, since you can't expect better of it. You can, however, expect better of the child, since parenting tells them not to slap things which can harm you. (For those who're confused, the internet is the dog here. The slapping was calling attention to oneself with the kind of actions she did.)

As, if I recall correctly, Penny Arcade said: People+Anonymity=Shithead.
  8. empty101

empty101 Well-Known Member

Took me a while to really figure out what the issue was here... but here's basically what I got:

- 11 year old girl gives personal information out online
    - 11 year old girl makes video that's immature and angers people
    - girl gets harassed and trolled by angry people
    - girl makes ridiculous video crying about it all and her father is in the background and he pretends he can "backtrace" people who were harassing her and "call the cyber police"

It's entertaining because the father gets angry and no one in that family seems to understand how the internet works.
  9. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I totally agree with Krem on this type of shitstorm, but I also think that this specific case (and probably the others) is fake. It all just seems too perfectly set up to me. A previous video of a girl saying she is awesome, a now crying girl professing innocence, a redneck father who doesn't understand how the internet works and threatens violence, a mysterious mother off camera making off the cusp remarks, and the fact she made at least one follow up video, again containing an angry, ranting dad, off camera mum, and her blubbering profusely.

I dunno, maybe I'm just skeptical, these videos are genuine, and that makes me an asshole for doubting it. But I have seen this done before, and I can't imagine that a person would make such an incredibly embarassing video, probably review it, and then upload it to the internet with absolutely no control over who sees it. And the 3 examples I am thinking of (Chris Crocker, "Angry Ginger Kid", and now Jessi Slaughter) have all just been saying "Leave X alone!" while either crying, yelling, or both.

They also seem to think that doing this will get the mockers/trolls to stop their behaviour towards the victim, instead of provoking them and giving them even more reasons to continue their behaviour.

I fully understand that people can get overly emotional, but I don't believe that anyone would genuinely want to share their moment of legitimate emotional behaviour with the world, ensuring embarassment, without even considering the repercussions first (or worse, considering them and doing it anyway).

Or maybe I am wrong, and just don't understand their thought process.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2010
  10. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

This is probably the funniest thing Ive heard of coming from the #chans for a while.
    Im suprised that they havnt imploded with the amount of shit they take on.
  11. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I lol'd.
  12. UnkelHeit

It's all so outlandish. The father is hilarious. There's a remix or two that's funny. No, it's not the first time this happened, if it did, and it won't be the last. It's a moot point by now (sorry, couldn't help it) but I've thought about how did things get like this? Is it the whole being behind a screen thing? Do all these people even believe all the hateful stuff they spew or did they just jump on the bandwagon and it snowballed. I've also thought about whether these people are like us, they just found their own way to deal with things and try to find a place in the world.
  13. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

14. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I think the whole situation is a bit of a troll itself. Seems way to dramatic to me. At times people just need to step back a little and see what's really happening...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.