Conservative TX Governer puts innocent man to death and tries to cover his tracks

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Bob26003, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

these bloodthirsty conservatives must be stopped

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/rick-perry-delaying-investigation-death-pe

+++++++++++++++++

From TPM--Texas Governor Stymieing Panel Probing Flawed Death Penalty Case?:

Even by the standards of Texas's enthusiasm for state-sanctioned killing, this is pretty shocking...

A Texas scientific panel has been looking into possible missteps in a criminal investigation of a 1991 arson case which led to the execution of Cameron Todd Willingham. A recent New Yorker story about the case laid out compelling evidence that Willingham may well have been wrongly put to death.

The panel, the Texas Forensic Science Commission, was scheduled to hear today from a nationally recognized arson expert it had hired, Craig Beyler, who had last month released a report which called the original probe slipshod.

But on Wednesday, Texas governor Rick Perry abruptly removed three members of the commission. In their place, he appointed a new chair with a reputation as a hardline conservative prosecutor, who promptly canceled the hearing at which Beyler was to testify.

Continue reading... http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsme...tymieing_panel_probing_flawed_deat.php?ref=mp

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Trial by Fire
    Did Texas execute an innocent man?

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/09/07/090907fa_fact_grann

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I was shocked initially, but then realized we were talking about Texas.

No offense to anyone, (I was just kidding...kinda) esp. Mikeintx!

3. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

LOL thanks for the consideration Shades, and that is certainly horrible Bob.

While I am not defending what that gentleman did, you do also have to understand how bad crime can get in Texas... for instance google Oak Cliff in Dallas to see what I am talking about. With a lot of low income family there comes a lot of crime. I love the fact that by state law I have the right to use deadly force if neccesary to stop someone stealing my propert, or a neighbors'. Because of this theives are not as quick to break into cars and houses, especially in the higher "redneck" areas. ;)

4. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

Wait, so how does that justify knowingly putting an innocent man to death?

5. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

It in no way does Bob, I was more responding to the opinion Texas is heartless when it comes to crime.

6. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Texas is a very complicated state, because despite it's often deserved reputation for great harshness in it's criminal justice system, at the he same time you're seeing a lot of liberal legislation coming through urging for more rehabilitation and great scrutiny in overseeing capital offences (i.e. making sure things like this tragedy don't happen again).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.