Considering suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mordeci, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but here it goes. I have had suicidal thoughts almost my entire life, but the past few years have been particularly bad. Last year at this time I started law school but by March, I couldn’t do it any more, I was afraid to leave my room and was given a medical leave and a year to “get my priorities in order”. So right now I have nothing to do, I have therapy two times a week, I am on some heavy medication, but I don’t think I am getting any better. I can tell that nothing I am doing is working and I am at the point where I really am just questioning how much longer I can go on.

2. Hang in there! As you probably know, it can take some time to find the right meds (or combination of them). And talk therapy needs time as well, especially if you have been dealing with suicidal thoughts for almost your whole life.

I know this is hard, but it is good that it's come up now, before you start professional school and when you have few responsibilities in general. Remember that many people have been where you are now and found healing, and that you have a whole life ahead of you!

If you have nothing to do, that is almost certainly hurting you as well. If you can push yourself into something that involves others — anything — you might find that it helps quite a lot (always helps me, anyhow).

Are you literally unoccupied during the day? No work or other obligations? In that case, consider doing some kind of charity work. The way the economy is, there's tremendous need, and charitable organizations are stressed to the max. You can meet some very cool people, and it might even change your perspective on your own problems — difficult as they truly are.

If you are getting to the end of your rope, please call a hotline like 1-800-suicide: that's what they're there for, and they've helped a lot of desperate people.

Let us know how you're doing!

3. prakash

prakash Well-Known Member

dont kil yourself. You went to law school- this means you're smart. How can you think of killing yourself. Gather up strength- talk to anyone you trust- post lots of messages here - get all weith off your chest. But live - get better - thanks and best of luck .

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Mordeci the medication thing not working for me either fully anyways Have you told your therapist its not working Time to change medication then there are newer ones out there. I am sorry your feeling so down but glad to hear you are in therapy talking things out can help. PM me anytime okay this forum is great because everyone here understands and don't judge or anything. We get through the rough patches together okay so don't give up yet. Try new medication new therapy sometimes things change and your glad you held on take care and remember were here for ya.

5. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

i'm glad you are being given time to get well.Too bad you hadn't tried talk therapy first.Maybe you just had issues you never addressed in your life and you needed to purge some deep pain.If the meds do not work the doc will try something else but I hope you take this opportunity to really search yourself and let out any hidden pain you may have...you obviously got far in life as it is and you can go on in time after you get well.Explore things during this time as well...like hobbies/interests you never had time for..anything.But seize the day.

6. Atheist Demon

Atheist Demon Account Closed

Don't do it, everyone except me has a reason to live. I doubt you are as ugly or fat as I am. I am considering suicide, like anyone gives a fuck.

7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

People to give a f we all care for each other here Suicide is never the answer there is help you have to demand it go after it and fight for it. I know it is hard to do but dam it your worth the fight and no one has a right to say other wise. Please fight to get the help you need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.