Constant wierd feelings about death

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Duncan, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duncan

Duncan Guest

I'm sorry if this is a bit of a downer of a thread and I'm also sorry if I have picked the wrong section of the forum for this post, but I'm new here and not too sure of my way around yet.

I've been generally depressed for the last 20 years or so, with ups and downs, but recently I have been constantly thinking about what will happen when my loved ones die. As it happens this is likely to be something I will have to face up to in the next couple of years (if not sooner).

Even though I seem to be trying to subconsciously prepare myself emotionally (hence the almost never ending visualisation of life afterwards), I keep coming to a dead end (pardon the pun) and cannot see a way forward.

My life is going to be so empty and .......pointless.

I don't know what to do now and more importantly, I don't know what will happen when I am alone.
  2. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Hi Duncan and welcome to the forum :)

I'm sorry that my reply to your post is so late.. how are you doing now? Hope things are a little easier for you..

I can relate totally to what you say about life feeling empty and pointless.. I've been feeling that a lot too recently. You say that you've been suffering from depression for about 20 years.. Are you taking any medication for your depression? Or seeing a counsellor, etc? I wonder if both of these would help you.. you would be able to talk about your fears to the counsellor too?

Please take care and check back in with us if you want.. i do care
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.