constantly thinking whether i've done wrong.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lachrymose, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lachrymose

lachrymose Account Closed

there is something wrong with me where I am always thinking about whether i've done the wrong thing or said the wrong thing, even if it was days ago. this constant negative thought process makes me feel horrible. i guess horrible in a depressing way. is there a term for this sort of problem? it plagues my mind

2. Kris.T

Kris.T Well-Known Member

I don't know if there is a proper word for it but I feel what you're saying. I'm the same, I'll walk off after having said something to somebody, and replay the conversation over and over in my head, and wonder if what I said sounded stupid, if I'd said something offensive, etc. Constantly thinking I'd said, or done something wrong.

3. HiddenTears

HiddenTears Well-Known Member

Wow I am the exact same way, and I thought I was alone. I often find myself replaying conversations over in my head and wondering if I said what I should have said. Often I come up with other things that I should have said and then I dwell on them. I remember everything the anyone important in my life has ever said to me and I just keep seeing it happen over. I often find myself beating myself up over it all too. Sometimes I even speak out loud while I am alone as if they are in the room and I am saying what I should have said to them.

4. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Mmm pretty much the same. I'm not a very social person so if someone came upto me in the street and started talking to me I can barely know what I'm saying. I end up walking off in a kind of dazed feeling like "Wow, didn't expect that.". Then for some reason I point out where I could have made myself look stupid :(. Sounds odd.

5. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Perfectionist, feels guilty? Have you treid to talk about it to a doctor, or more a psy.. something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.