contacted ex w/Asperger syndrome

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by smwhorses, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smwhorses

smwhorses Well-Known Member

As much as I didn't want to I did text my ex. He has Asperger syndrome and made my life a living hell. I am torn about responding to him and continuing a conversation or not. I am slightly less stressed without him in my life but feel like there will never be anyone else and I miss sharing things with people. The main reason I broke contact with him was he was incapable of sharing or caring.
    Great, now i feel alone and stupid.... :sosad:
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

He made your life a living hell, he was incapable of sharing or caring so I suggest that you have nothing more to do with him. I was with my ex in the end just to have a boyfriend and not be alone, trust me, i'm better off alone relationship wise. Do not go back to that living hell, please don't. You are a nice person, you are way too good for the likes of him. Whatever you choose to do I wish you all the best :hug:
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Oh hun you are not stupid not at all and as you say it is very very hard to maintain a relationship when the other person has not been trained in the social skills
    Perhaps one day you will meet someone that will be able to have a normal relationship with but for now if you text your ex there is no harm i think in doing so just do not get back into the same situation you left ok.

Try to get out and meet new people by taking a course at a local college just something of interest if you want like art music photography to meet people with your same interest
    you are not alone you keep posting here on forum or go into chat and talk people will understand and not judge y ou
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

It was driven by the need of social contact, throwing everything else out of the window. Nothing stupid or wrong about that.
    What about going to social support groups or meet up groups?
  5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You are NOT STUPID and just unlucky. So please do not put yourself down at all. Take care and keep posting.
  6. smwhorses

Thank you for the responses. I wish I could go out and meet people. There is nothing close and I have no car. I have to wait for my daughter to come down to just get groceries. I have no health care and am trying for disability and just got my fist rejection. If go ahead a reapply the soonest I could get it would be 3+ years.
    I am use to helping people, not being the one who needs the help.

I am a bit less depressed with no contact with my ex. At 55 I do not think there will be any more relationships for me.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

A relationship like that is not worth your time worrying over, you deserve to be treated as the nice person you are.

On what grounds was your disability rejected and can you appeal the decision?

I am glad you have helped people that must make you feel proud. Remember you are the no.1 priority though so look after yourself first and foremost.,
  8. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

i am aspergers/autism myself. and i know people with such view points are hard. they/we care differently,
    you can either walk or stand by and support through help.
  9. smwhorses

I think I just needed him to stand by and support me just once, and he could not or did not want to......... I do not know which but either way hurt just as bad and made me angry and bitchy and not someone I liked or wanted to live with. I could not see anyone wanting to live with me...... :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.