Contacting my ex for christmas?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by boo, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I haven't heard from her since last year. She won't return my calls. But i'm thinking maybe, just maybe she will make an exception for christmas' sake? Am i being a dumb ass and setting myself for some major hurt? Or should i try my luck and call her or text her?

I really miss her beyond anything. I don't expect to be back as her friend. I just want to sit down, have a drink and just talk to her, it's all.

I really don't know what to do.
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

There have been times when I have contacted an ex and it didn't turn out well. Do you think writing a long letter to her would help you at this moment in time. I don't recommend sending the letter. I think you need to express yourself. I think it will lighten this burden on your heart.

What are you doing for yourself these days?

3. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

if it helps, go ahead and try to contact her, just dont get your hopes up if shes ignored you in the past. i went through the same thing with my ex from high-school. i would send him short little messages every once and a while, and then once he responded and said sorry for ignoring me....then he stopped responding again.

its a rough situation, but sending the message puts it on her, whether to respond or not. just if you do, dont get your hopes up, maybe even go into it not expecting a response
  4. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Donno, I suppose it depends on how things were last left off, and if you think shed take offense to it.
    If youre gonna, id say go into it as afriend saying hi and wishing the best:)
  5. boo

boo Well-Known Member

This is the very last email i ever sent her. Dated back from 25/05/2010

I've been miserable for so long and I'm ashamed. When you said "I ruined your life" .....those words still echoes in my head.
    And to be honest yea I fucked it up. Our relationship. Perhaps its the "little boy who refused to grow up" inside of me that made you leave me. Or perhaps its because I'm a lost cause to begin with. From birth to this day my life has been pretty tormented and yea sometime its hard to hide your battle scars after being throught hell so many times.
    On my side, there's absolutely no regret that I have met you. Because for a moment you became my "blanket". No one as ever made me feel secured, loved, desired, needed like you did. In your arms I was filled with joys that I have never experienced before. The melody of your voice is so soothing that I could listen to you on the phone forever. Your eyes are so compassionate, they put me at ease I could stare and get lost in them.
    I could go on like this, the point is I don't regret but I know you do. Which is why it's burning me inside.
    I could never rest in peace should you keep blaming yourself for getting with me. I dont know what are your feelings inside.
    I just feel like you dont trust and need my attention anymore.
    I am really promising myself to leave the hospital and find something else really fast.
    I have hurted enough people already and I'm sick of being the source of everyone's problems. Or everyone looking at me like im a crazy person just because I was born in a bad place bad time bad fucking everything!
    You dont know what I would give just to spend some times with you. Even if its the last
    I would be on my knee in your courtyard staring at your window in a hard rainy day if you only let me.
    I would do anything for you, because I care for you Jen my friend, my only one
  6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Boo.. :hug: :console:
  7. flowers

flowers Senior Member

We have never met. But I am so very sorry for the pain you are in. I know you wrote that she said you ruined her life. I wonder if anyone can really ruin another adults life. I know that people can blame their condition on themselves when often it is not their fault at all. I wonder if you are blaming yourself for a condition that honestly is not your fault. Its just my thoughts re what you wrote. Again, Boo, I am so sorry for the pain you are in
  8. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

i wouldnt do it Boo, you still miss her and the chance of getting hurt again is pretty high, no matter the outcome. it will never be enough to satisfy you. you may want more from her than you are prepared to admit without knowing it yet. ive had an similar experience as you know, but i was glad to have lived 2000miles away from her, which realy did help alot in terms of 'getting over her'. i dunno how i would react knowing she would still live somewhat "around the corner", i also might have a hard time for a much longer period than i had. just my 2 cents, dont do it
  9. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I agree with Flyingdutchmen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.