Cont'd Part III I got her my number.....but

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by dax, Mar 20, 2015.

1. dax

dax Well-Known Member

It wasn't exactly smooth. Well I got in line and there was a couple ahead of me, so we didnt make eye contact till it was my turn. I said hello and called her by name and she said oh hey and smiled. She asked what she could get for me and I put my order in, she knew my name cause she didnt ask for it like last time. Stepped to the side but we didn't converse like last time, she was busy talking to her coworkers and texted somebody. So when my order was ready someone else assembled my food and when that happened I couldn't talk to her. Then I went to where they had the vegetable section to fix up your burger and noticed the sauce for the sweet potatoe fries wasnt there so I went back and she helped me. She had to go to a cabinet behind me to get the proper lid then was standing next to me and asked me if today was Sunday? I told her no today is friday. As she started to walk away I pulled the slip of paper with my number on it out and said here you go just in case you're free. She said ok and walked off. Definately wasnt what I was hoping for but at least I put myself out there, ball is in her court now. Comments, suggestions, opinions, appreciated.

2. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

To simplify this, she either calls or she doesnt.

There are other girls in the world.

I've never called a guy who slipped me his number. Ever. I prefer to be called. Doesn't mean she won't call you.

3. Koji

Koji Well-Known Member

Try to continue on with your life as though this never happened.

4. dax

dax Well-Known Member

Yeah I am fully aware of how unlikely this is, I am just proud I at least followed through and gave her the means to contact me. When I asked her she set the boundary at she works all the time and that if she has time she'll let me know. I'm not dumb and know full well that likely meant a polite not interested dude. At least I put it out there.

5. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I think that you should be proud that you followed through and you put yourself out there. I think that some people have a habit of looking at the successes of other people and thinking it is "easy" for those people when in reality even 'those guys' will tell you that it is a numbers game - maybe they take home three times more women than the average guy but that is because they ask out 5 times more women in the first place and don't beat themselves up over circumstance. Most of the time a girl is not interested in a guy it is because she is already interested in someone else (in my experience as a woman) - and that is no reflection on the guy she isn't interested in at all.

Well done for following through and still respecting her boundries!!

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Fair play to you dax, really...fair play for putting yourself out there. Maybe she will call you, maybe not but you were a man on a mission lol

I must admit I have called a guy before that I got a number off, it didn't work out due to anxiety on my part but it was fun while it lasted.

Best of luck to you my friend :hug:

7. Koji

Koji Well-Known Member

It seems to me that offering your number to her would be a better option than asking for her number for both parties involved. If you ask for her number, you're asking her to offer a piece of personal information about herself to a complete stranger. I guess i don't have to explain the worst-case scenario of where that can lead in this situation. However if you offer her your number, then you've given her an option and avoided the previous possibilities i stated. She can choose to call or not, call from a friend's phone or pay phone (they still have those, don't they?), look up your number online and get personal information about you (which may require also knowing your name, i'm not sure), she could hang on to it for awhile and call when she feels ready, or she could chuck it straight in the garbage.

I can understand how a woman might not want to call a guy first and want to be called instead, but i would honestly never ask a girl for her number, and offer mine instead. Just makes more sense to me.

8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Great way to approach her without bothering her. Way to go!

9. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

way to go, dax!!!

10. Clementine

Clementine Well-Known Member

really proud of you dax!!

11. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Why? It's the simplest way to find out whether someone is interested. If she is, she'll allow you to call her. If she isn't, then you have an instant answer without playing the waiting and guessing game.

When a guy gives me his number to hook up "hang out sometime," I think it's rude because theyre assuming that I'm interested/single/willing, without even asking a simple question - as if I'm obliged to call them without them even probing my interest level, or in most cases even my name, first and it's supposed to be mutual. When guys just slip me their number, it's one-sided. But that's me. I'm not talking about dax's specific circumstance at this person's workplace, but in general.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  12. dax

dax Well-Known Member

just wanted to thank you all for your comments and support.

13. dax

dax Well-Known Member

Well today is a week, safe to say it was a nice try but no cigar.

14. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

You tried, no wondering about what ifs. And you're very thoughtful/considerate person.

15. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi dax,

Sorry it ended this way but let it be experience for you, a good experience even if the end result wasn't what you wanted. You tried and the next time you meet a girl that you admire you have the confidence to ask her out :)

16. dax

dax Well-Known Member

Thanks I kind of had that feeling she wasn't interested, she was just being nice in letting me down.