Continuously hurt myself

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by jegsu34, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jegsu34

jegsu34 Member

Everything seems to trigger my urge to harm myself specially lately. My depression is getting worse which makes the urges stronger. I have been harming myself almost everyday for the past two to three weeks, and nothing seems to take that away. I punch my hand or hit it with something, it hurts but I still do it. My family has no clue to what I am doing to myself. Only my therapist knows and soon my psychiatrist will know when I see her on Tuesday. I do not know how to stop. I don't know what to do.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You ask your therapist and your pdoc to get you the therapy you need to stop and to get you on some meds to help alleviate depression hun you ask them to help you to keep safe hugs

3. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

if they can't see, then they're a bit blind.
    if you want them to know, tell them.

4. PatriciaAHunt

PatriciaAHunt Member

How are you doing now?

5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Jegsu24. Please speak to the professionals as they will get you in a good place. Struggling on own is not good. I have met a lot of good people here. Please keep posting your feelings.

6. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Try to hang in there Jegsu we're here if you need to chat

:freehug:

7. justsomegirl

justsomegirl Well-Known Member

It sounds like you are having a tough time right now; I'm sorry for that. I'm glad you reached out to post. Self-harming can be kind of addictive, I think, in the sense that it becomes the only thing that makes one feel better. It's great that you reached out and told your therapist and are planning to tell your psychiatrist. Being honest and open with them will ensure you start to get where you want to be. Next time you feel like self-harming, you can always try an alternate self-soothing method. What works for me is wearing an elastic band on my wrist and snapping it and doing a crossword puzzle (believe it or not). Good luck, hang in there, and keep posting. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.