controling the pole

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by berty, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berty

berty Member

what are the things that make you keep dealing with ur bipolar? Or things that make you feel like you are in control of it?
    Some days it just seems easier to jump off the rollercoater than deal with it.
    I really just need reassurance that this rollercoaster is okay?
    Also do many people know about ur bipolar or just a select few?

X bert
  2. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

I was hoping you would get more answers to this, as Im interested in knowing to.

I was diagnosed in my teens, Not everyone knows about me, I only tell people I get close to.

My understanding of being bi is knowing that it is an actual disease, that these thoughts and feelings are associated with the disease. Knowing that I can change or control how I feel with the help of meds and support is the biggest, knowing that this disease can either kill me or I can fight it to get to tomorrow. I choose to fight.
  3. berty

berty Member

thnx doityourself

Life is hell for me and just wanted to know how other people can deal with this illness, like today i just dont want to be here today. Its easier to die than deal with these moods

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I didn't initially reply because I didn't understand your first post, I was hoping others would jump in.

The first thing to dealing with bipolar is treatment. Mood stabilizers are the most important medications. Supplementary antipsychotics/antidepressants are important as well. You need to see a psychiatrist ASAP, see your GP and ask for a referral. See this thread as well. It's some research I uncovered which I've been putting to great use, simply sleeping strict hours in a very dark room. Before I started I was cycling every month, despite taking mood stabilizers and Seroquel, and now I've gone 4 months without a cycle.

Bipolar doesn't go away, you'll have to actively treat it for the rest of your life.

There was a time I never thought I'd say this, but it's not the end of the world. Good luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.