Controlling Your Fears

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by itmahanh, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

All my life but more so as a child, the thought of death has terrified me. Actually a paralyzing fear. Not so much the process of dying but the thought of just not existing anymore. But lately, I find myself at ease with the concept. So I guess what I'm looking for is suggestions. As I prepare to "meet my destiny" one thought comes to my mind. What if the fear starts to creep in? I can't, just can't fail this time. Anyone got any tips on how they keep their fears at bay? Most of you probably think how can you commit suicide if you are that afraid of death. Well the fear of living this shit life any longer has for sometime now outweighed the fear of not existing. The peace I'm going to find is so needed. I'm just trying to be prepared just incase that old fear tries to interfere. Probably doesn't make much sense to any one here, but it does me. Can anyone help? Time is sort of running short so please any help soon would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2008
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

It's the fear of the unknown that really matters to me. We don't know what awaits us after we die. Some believe that we go to heaven. Others believe in reincarnation or an afterlife. Next life may not be better than this life. There's no guarantee that we'll be at peace when we die. Yes, we won't have to face the challenges of our current lives, but there may be other challenges to face.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.